Mame Gp2x 5.0

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
I have released a new version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with the following news:

mamegp2x1.jpg

- Border TV-Out emulation. See the readme.txt for the information to activate it.
- The controls have been changed for coherence with other applications (B is the first button).
- The PUSH button in the F200 is emulated pressing Up+Down+Left+Right simultaneously.

Download it on my web-page: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

What was the stick click needed for? I don't recall it being needed for anything. The 4 direction simultaneous idea is Ok except for those now modding the separate buttons into a proper pad either by replacing it or adding the PSP pad upgrade.

Thanks for the update.

DaveC said:
What was the stick click needed for? I don't recall it being needed for anything. The 4 direction simultaneous idea is Ok except for those now modding the separate buttons into a proper pad either by replacing it or adding the PSP pad upgrade.

Thanks for the update.
The main change in this release is the border tv-out emulation, and i have spent a lot of time with it...

The change for the stick click is done to be able to map such button in the controller configuration to any game button, in the same way as the other buttons... Also the push button is used to exit from the game (PUSH+L+R, START+L+R or SELECT+L+R do the same function). It was an easy change to map the PUSH button in the F200...

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does border tv out emulation do?
Is there a way to make the screen smaller, many of the games have the bottom cut off on the gp2x (such as galaga, cant see my ship at the bottom).

imhotep said:
I still don't know how to get MAME to exit to gmenu!
Press L and R and SELECT to exit from a game.
Press L and R to exit out of MAME.

Thanks Franxis. Sorry once again about Knuckle Joe - my baby girl was born a week ago and it's been a bit of a learning curve. I promise to get something to Franxis for v5.1!

slaanesh said:
my baby girl was born a week ago and it's been a bit of a learning curve.
Congrats slaanesh!

Regarding exiting MAME, I was talking about exiting to gmenu2x. I always end up in the Gamepark Holdings official front end. --> :gp2x No other emulator does this when I exit. Not a big deal, but always kinda bugged me.

slaanesh said:
imhotep said:
I still don't know how to get MAME to exit to gmenu!
Press L and R and SELECT to exit from a game.
Press L and R to exit out of MAME.

Thanks Franxis. Sorry once again about Knuckle Joe - my baby girl was born a week ago and it's been a bit of a learning curve. I promise to get something to Franxis for v5.1!

Slaaneshhhhh... Knuckle Joe and Empire City? :p

Wishes for the baby girl (auguri per la piccolina eheheh) :D

imhotep said:
Regarding exiting MAME, I was talking about exiting to gmenu2x. I always end up in the Gamepark Holdings official front end. --> :gp2x No other emulator does this when I exit. Not a big deal, but always kinda bugged me.
I also use gmenu2x but I always end up back in it. Are you useing the alternative frontend for mame? If so you need to define the menu program to return to.

slaanesh said:
Are you useing the alternative frontend for mame? If so you need to define the menu program to return to.
lol yes you are right, slaanesh. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Franxis, thanks for the update! Always been one of my favourite emulators on the GP2X.
Is it possible to decrease the volume for F200 users. Even on the lowest level it is very loud on some games.

Back