Mame Gp2x 4.9

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with the following news:

- The GP2X F200 compatibility has been fixed. It seems to be a bug in the new firmware 4.0.
The 15360 and 33075 Hz sound frequencies don't run (16000 and 32000 Hz frequencies are now used instead).
Thanks to Eclipse for his help testing in the F200.

- The Z80 C core has been replaced by the MAME 0.53 one. It is more accurate and not slower. Thanks to TTYman.

mamegp2x1.jpg

You can download the new version in my webpage: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Franxis said:
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with the following news:

- The GP2X F200 compatibility has been fixed. It seems to be a bug in the new firmware 4.0.
The 15360 and 33075 Hz sound frequencies don't run (16000 and 32000 Hz frequencies are now used instead).
Thanks to Eclipse for his help testing in the F200.

- The Z80 C core has been replaced by the MAME 0.53 one. It is more accurate and not slower. Thanks to TTYman.

You can download the new version in my webpage: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

That's great news. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks Franxis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehi mythical Franxis & Slaanesh but Empire City and Knucle Joe?
I hoped sigh... :unsure:

Works like a charm for me. Even on the F-200.

Thanks for the quick update, Franxis!

Regards,
Stephan

how very odd.. I have tried it 3 or 4 times now. I even tried the source code download and that worked fine.. it took about 20 seconds to get the 3.6 Mb source code. When I download the executable at 4Mb it says it has downloaded it almost immediately and it cannot be opened.. maybe its something odd with my machine.. though I downloaded a bunch of other apps yesterday no problem,
Maybe Ill fire up the laptop later and see if it works from there.

hmm.. I just tried to open the source and that says archive type not supported as well.... hmmmm

quietbloke said:
hmm.. I just tried to open the source and that says archive type not supported as well.... hmmmm
First thing I'd try is use a differnt archive program to open it. I've had issues with windows explorer not want to read zip files and 7Zip had issues with Rar files :angry:
I ended up buying WinRAR and it worked fine.

If that doesn't work you could have had a corrupt data transfer and I would delete my temp internet files and re-download (since it seems instant it's probably seeing you already downloaded it and just copying the file to were you saved it to)

dontspam said:
Ehi mythical Franxis & Slaanesh but Empire City and Knucle Joe?
I hoped sigh... :unsure:
I believed that there were in this version ... :unsure: Slaanesh had said that they were ready... :(
Sin... :rolleyes:

It seems my Linux was the issue. Strangely it is aware that rar files are archives but by default it does not install the software to unarchive them. It also seems 7zip cannot handle this particular rar even though it claims to support them..
I have installed another app and all is well.
Sorry for any negative feelings I may have given out.

Fact is.. now Ive sorted out MY problems Mame is installed and running on my F200.

thank you ! :)

Sorry I have't given the source code to Franxis for Knuckle Joe Or Empire City.
There is a good reason - my partner and I are going to have a baby any day now so I've been busy with some other things :)
I will try to get the source code changes to Franxis soon.

slaanesh said:
There is a good reason - my partner and I are going to have a baby any day now so I've been busy with some other things :)
Congratulations to Slaanesh and his partner :D :D :D !!!

Franxis said:
slaanesh said:
Congratulations to Slaanesh and his partner :D :D :D !!!
and may you have happy sleep less Nights :lol: :p ;)

Thanks for your encouragement guys about the baby.

I've heard stories about lack of sleep so I guess it must be true :)

I've just got my F-200 from play-asia.com - I'm mega impressed!

Good controller, great screen, better plastic housing and on top of this now I have a machine that overclocks to 280Mhz. This seems to be the new standard?

Has anyone got an F-200 that does less? Mind you I haven't heard of one that does any more either.

EDIT: An oh yes, MAME works really well. I tried Outrun at 280Mhz and it's very nice.

BTW - just wondering about the significance of a more compatiable Z80 core - were there any games that had issues?

slaanesh said:
Thanks for your encouragement guys about the baby.

I've heard stories about lack of sleep so I guess it must be true :)

I've just got my F-200 from play-asia.com - I'm mega impressed!

Good controller, great screen, better plastic housing and on top of this now I have a machine that overclocks to 280Mhz. This seems to be the new standard?

Has anyone got an F-200 that does less? Mind you I haven't heard of one that does any more either.

EDIT: An oh yes, MAME works really well. I tried Outrun at 280Mhz and it's very nice.

BTW - just wondering about the significance of a more compatiable Z80 core - were there any games that had issues?
From what I remember all the Aero Fighters had issues. Aero Fighters 1 had it only in Fast Mame, but was fine in regular Mame. Aero Fighters 2 & 3 had it in both versions, even the old DrZ80 versions. Also 2&3 have sound issues in GnGeo2x. I haven't tried the new mame yet to find out but I will and post my findings unless someone beats me to it. BTW congrats on the new baby! Drink lots of coffee o_O

Duddyroar said:
Forgive my noobishness, but what is the compatibility like with GP2X MAME? Does it play pretty much anything you throw at it?
Generally speaking, it will run most games from the 80s very well, but games from the 90s can be sluggish or may not work at all. Anything post-1993 likely doesn't run at all.

An incomplete compatibility table: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/MAME_GP2X

Back