Mame Gp2x 1.7

Franxis posted on Feb 27 2006 at 10:10 AM said:
Me too, it runs ok! I will release the new version next weekend... Regards :D

* Faints from the excitement, hitting head on the floor causing a temporary coma lasting just until next weekend *

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis posted on Feb 26 2006 at 09:43 PM said:
- Auto-fire support.
I'm looking forward to this (specifically for Joust,) though purists may scoff at auto-fire. Without those big arcade buttons it's almost impossible for me to get from the bottom to the top of the playfield in Joust quickly enough. I've played it with an auto-fire controller on the PSX Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (one button for rapid flapping, one button normal) and while it does make the game a bit easier, I found it to be more fun than ever. Now if only two-player Joust could be possible...

Hey, as long as its selectable (to turn it off) I'm good with it. Remember, if you play MAME for world records (aka Twin Galaxies) then autofire is an immediate disqualifier.

Franxis - have you had reports of MAME dumping to the main menu under CramFS? I've only had it happen once, but I'm willing to run some debug build or something to see if I can make it happen again and get you a proper log of it. I'm GUESSING that cramfs (which is supposed to have automatic crash recovery) is seeing something happening in MAME that is making it restart to the menu.

Thoughts?

I posted this in another forum, but I'm wondering if perhaps....

The cramFS issues have to do with the NAND being read only. I would not be surprised if Mame GP2X writes to it when extracting zip files. This is just a guess and if true I'm sure the cramFS creators will figure out a way around it.

Meanwhile a good way to test it would be to take a mame game. Say "dkong", create a directory called "dkong" and unzip the files into there, and remove the zip file.

See if the same problem occurs.

Greenchili posted on Mar 3 2006 at 06:53 AM said:
I posted this in another forum, but I'm wondering if perhaps....

The cramFS issues have to do with the NAND being read only. I would not be surprised if Mame GP2X writes to it when extracting zip files. This is just a guess and if true I'm sure the cramFS creators will figure out a way around it.

Meanwhile a good way to test it would be to take a mame game. Say "dkong", create a directory called "dkong" and unzip the files into there, and remove the zip file.

See if the same problem occurs.

No, the ROMs are extracted in memory, there are no NAND writings.

Back