Release MAME EX - Final Release

Is this an app as i cant seam to find it?SWAP Tools PND ive looked in gp32x and milkshakes repo and cant see it?
http://repo.openpand...s-0.1-slaeshjag
is there a guide for this how do i make mame ex work with this

ok i created a 400 mb swap file but when you try and activate it it says Failed to activate swapfile"/mnt/utmp/swaptools/swap.swp" am i doing something wrong?

I also would appreciate a quick tutorial on how to use the swap file to enable these games.. where do i save the swapfile.swp, do you enable from within Mame Ex etc, what size does the swapfile need to be etc..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this an app as i cant seam to find it?SWAP Tools PND ive looked in gp32x and milkshakes repo and cant see it?

ok i created a 400 mb swap file but when you try and activate it it says Failed to activate swapfile"/mnt/utmp/swaptools/swap.swp" am i doing something wrong?

I also would appreciate a quick tutorial on how to use the swap file to enable these games.. where do i save the swapfile.swp, do you enable from within Mame Ex etc, what size does the swapfile need to be etc..?
just put swap file pnd in a newly formated sd card in the apps folder run it off the desktop click create swap then wait until it says swap file created successfully make sure you create it in the newly formated card then click activate swap it should give you a message saying swap file acctivated successfully and thats you run whatever you need the extra memory for mame, firefox etc and the pandora will do the rest heres the file http://repo.openpand...s-0.1-slaeshjag

just put swap file pnd in a newly formated sd card in the apps folder run it off the desktop click create swap then wait until it says swap file created successfully make sure you create it in the newly formated card then click activate swap it should give you a message saying swap file acctivated successfully and thats you run whatever you need the extra memory for mame, firefox etc and the pandora will do the rest heres the file http://repo.openpand...s-0.1-slaeshjag

Thanks, but i have the same issue as cazmiester "failed to create swapfile" ??

Thanks, but i have the same issue as cazmiester "failed to create swapfile" ??
that can be caused with you not creating the file in your new card it doesnt automatically choose your empty sd card you need to browse to it after you hit create or it trys to write to nand i think also make sure its a good quality card or pendrive you use.

If it failes, paste the contents of the file /tmp/pndrun_swaptools.out, otherwise, there's no way to know why.
yeah i found if you use a low class sd card it doesnt work also this program doesnt automatically choose your new sd card to write to im not exactly sure where it chooses but ive found if you browse after create is pressed you can save wherever you want no probs .Ps brill prog m8 firefox runs much better with this.

Works fine for me, I hate to say it but this is most likely user error.
Finally i got it to work,maybe it was user error thanks for that.
Dont beat yourself up m8 this emu is trial and error but believe me its worth it install this on a 1gb sd card and create a 400mb partition and games with memory problems like dragon blaze and strikers 1945 3 also work just make sure you use a decent sd card or pendrive for the partition http://repo.openpand...s-0.1-slaeshjag

how can it stretch to full screen.

for horizontal games you can use the scaleing options in mames menu for vertical you can rotate the screen in video options by pressing space and selecting video options rotate

Thanks for the help, but i have been trying all night to get this swapfile utility to work.. tried multiple different cards/pendrives etc, followed all directions.. but just get the same error every time "failed to activate swapfile"

Thanks for the help, but i have been trying all night to get this swapfile utility to work.. tried multiple different cards/pendrives etc, followed all directions.. but just get the same error every time "failed to activate swapfile"

If your really having issues with the Swap File PND and dont mind a little messing about, then you should consider booting from SD with whatever OS HF version of your choice via Dave 1234's SD Installer PND. You can use that to create a SWAP Partition at the same time as its creates the bootable OS and it will be used by everything, FF, MameEX etc automatically. Doesnt take long and it is probably your best shot, if you cant trouble shoot why your current attempts are failing :)

If your really having issues with the Swap File PND and dont mind a little messing about, then you should consider booting from SD with whatever OS HF version of your choice via Dave 1234's SD Installer PND. You can use that to create a SWAP Partition at the same time as its creates the bootable OS and it will be used by everything, FF, MameEX etc automatically. Doesnt take long and it is probably your best shot, if you cant trouble shoot why your current attempts are failing :)
Hes probably not installing to the sd card as the program automatically installs to internal memory you need to select your sd card after you create the swap file .

Hes probably not installing to the sd card as the program automatically installs to internal memory you need to select your sd card after you create the swap file .

No, default is the appdata dir for the SD-card swap tools is running from.

No, default is the appdata dir for the SD-card swap tools is running from.
strange the two times i got that error i was running it from the same memory card and when i choose a different location ie the root of the card it ran no problem? just tried it again there and left it as the program selected and got said error then tried reinstalling to root and it worked a charm strange?

Ok finally figured how to get neogeo games working rom and bios need to be merged it seams still cant get cps2 games to list and radiant silvergun doesnt list either.

Got cps2 games to list finally you need merged sets for these to work aswell strange i tried dimahoo itsell as a test and it didnt list then added all cps2 games in the rom folder incl same dimahoo rom and they all listed and worked sound in both neogeo and cps 2 games are scratchy but bearable needs a bit of work for these games to be totally playable.

Ouff I'm the one in whom the CPS2 games lag:) I hope you will be done working on it:) I currently play it CPS2 game on my Caanoo ^ ^

Back