Beta Mame 106

craigix said:
joshwaan2k said:
Top work guys MAME and SNES are the main emulators i'll be using :)

If anyone's got the time to test the following be very grateful.

Mortal Kombat 2
NBA JAM
Vendetta
Double Dragon 2
Super Street Fighter 2

Thanks

Josh

They are not going to be optimised on this version, you will need to wait for the GP2X MAME port by slaneesh. I hope both this version and the GP2X one can be combined to make one awesome version which auto uses the (fast) GP2X version if one of its supported games is selected, if not it uses this one.
The GP2X one will be best for speed of older stuff.

Hopefully it will support the screen rotation and be able to remap some keys to the keyboard for those. Also 2x pixel doubler i(not fractional) s needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've managed to get some games working now...strange thing is i have to name the folder where the games are as 'mame' wouldnt work otherwise, my games arent any romset just seperate files from years ago!

Got working

super sprint - normal
bubble bobble - 2xscale

In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRcCz7RWid4
there is fullscreen and good speed mame what port is this and is it available?

can it be possible to have a version (or edit some cfg files) to map the arcade buttons to A, B, X or Y because actually there are mapped to right analog nub

the seconde player :
Arcade / Pandora
Left / D
Right / G
Up / R
Down / F
Button 1 / A
Button 2 / S
Insert coint / 6

May be change player two Left/Right/Up/down to left analog is better or D/F/R/C

F8/F9 de/increase frameshkip, F11 show FPS and frameskip used

You should be able to edit the controls to your liking by pressing Tab, if memory serves. ;)

I have some crash with 3D MAME rom like SFEX2:
in fork!
PND ++ /media/TEST2/pandora/menu//mame106.pnd
mountpoint: /media/TEST2
Basename: mame.106
/mnt/utmp/mame.106
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 124: [: !: integer expression expected
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop1
Filetype is ISO
sudo mount /dev/loop1
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
info: trying to parse: /usr/local/share/xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /home/yod4z/.xmame/xmamerc
info: trying to parse: /usr/local/share/xmame/xmame-SDLrc
info: trying to parse: /home/yod4z/.xmame/xmame-SDLrc
info: trying to parse: /usr/local/share/xmame/rc/sfex2rc
info: trying to parse: /home/yod4z/.xmame/rc/sfex2rc
loading rom 0: coh-3002c.353
loading rom 1: ex2u-04a
loading rom 2: ex2-05m
loading rom 3: ex2-06m
loading rom 4: ex2-07m
loading rom 5: ex2-08m
loading rom 6: ex2-09m
loading rom 7: ex2-02
loading rom 8: ex2-01m
done
info: setting fragsize to 2048, numfrags to 5
info: fragsize = 2048, numfrags = 5
info: audiodevice /dev/dsp set to 16bit linear stereo 44100Hz
info: sysdep_dsp: using oss plugin
info: sysdep_mixer: using oss plugin
SDL found mode:800x480x16
SDL found mode:800x480x16
SDL Error: could not find a suitable mode
video_init failed

Edit:
i have moved to use nomal scren and not 2x scale and it work

I've had the same issue with some roms. The problem with not using x2 scale is that the screen is so tiny :-/

If you encounter this problem with a vertical shooter, try using rotate left or right x2 scale.

Sarlix said:
I've had the same issue with some roms. The problem with not using x2 scale is that the screen is so tiny :-/

If you encounter this problem with a vertical shooter, try using rotate left or right x2 scale.

has this been updated to include correct and saved controls yet? just wondering If I have missed the pnd?

sparkymark said:
Sarlix said:

has this been updated to include correct and saved controls yet? just wondering If I have missed the pnd?

Yeah the version found here: http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/mame106.pnd.inf lets you config and save controls. Just press Fn + Tab/space to access the menu.

Sarlix said:
sparkymark said:
Sarlix said:

Yeah the version found here: http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/mame106.pnd.inf lets you config and save controls. Just press Fn + Tab/space to access the menu.

oh cool, thanks

How do you get this to work?

When I finally get to my ROM directory (I wish it would save the path) and hit return on the zip file (it then opens the file to show the files within for some reason) so I hit "OK", then select the screen mode etc it just crashes to a window with Oops at the top with a bunch of linux gibberish in it.

What is going on?

If you could paste in the "gibberish", it might help someone to figure out what's going on. ;)

I've most often encountered that when trying to use a scaling mode that would cause the game to be too big for the Pandora's display, myself. (It'll do that in the standard desktop version, too, but it fails silently instead.)

Prometheus said:
If you could paste in the "gibberish", it might help someone to figure out what's going on. ;)

I've most often encountered that when trying to use a scaling mode that would cause the game to be too big for the Pandora's display, myself. (It'll do that in the standard desktop version, too, but it fails silently instead.)
It just says at the top
in fork!
PND ++/media/(a bunch of path stuff) something about basename, mkdir -p not mounted on loop yet..usage: grep blah blah.

I don't know what all of that crap is. It tried scale 2x rotate right and normal, it still gives same message.

DaveC not the same message has posted by me here?

Yod4z said:
DaveC not the same message has posted by me here?
Kind of but switching to "normal" doesn't work for me, I get same results.

Alright, so next question: Is the file you're using definitely compatible with 0.106? That might also cause that, as far as I'm aware.

Prometheus said:
Alright, so next question: Is the file you're using definitely compatible with 0.106? That might also cause that, as far as I'm aware.
How can I tell? tried many different files that should not have been touched in awhile as I doubt the renamed every single ROM (although knowing them maybe they did :rolleyes: ) I don't re-download thousands of ROMs for every new MAME version, I may have used .102 versions but tried older games like MsPacman etc..

Back