Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
spi.snes is a new port of snes9x 1.53

It features :

- a simple UI focused on easy D-pad usage

- a game database with screenshots, genre and description

- ability to search games using the menu [m]

- Savestate support using the ingame menu [m]

- a nice set of CPU and GPU filters (some are too slow for pandora)

Have a look quick look :

spi.snes.png

spi.snes.1.png
spi.snes.2.png

It features works from :

- Snes9x team : emulation (snes9x 1.53), zip file handling

- ptitSeb : texture streaming

- M-HT : neon optimized scale2x, scale3x and eagle filter

- Stephane Hockenhull : scale 2x GPU optimization

- Kenney (from oga) : UI kit

- Christoph.Krn : guiHints

WARNINGs:

On CC model, 1st run requiere some swap (might also requiere swap for later runs if you have too much games)

sources are : http://sebt3.openpandora.org/src/spi.snes-0.6.0-src.tar.gz

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if you added nub support to it. Anyways, it works well (except for ramdom slowdons in Megaman X, etc).

Love it, simple easy to use interface is real nice.

This looks pretty awesome!

@Zero3K are the slow downs when you take damage?  Ive had MMX slow downs when its trying to do transparencies on the pandora snes emulators. 

Looks good though i think maybe i'll wait to see what the general opinion is before i decide to switch from my regular emulator. Does anyone know how it handles certain overlay effects in the Mario games for example (like the shrinking circle around mario when a level is finished), as my current emu has issues with this?

Nice, if only all emulators had a gui with screenshots and descriptions :) really neat feature.

I see that a new build of it was made available recently. What changed in it?

This looks pretty awesome!

@Zero3K are the slow downs when you take damage?  Ive had MMX slow downs when its trying to do transparencies on the pandora snes emulators. 
The slowing down of the game occurred when there were multiple enemies on the screen during the Intro Stage.

It would be nice if you added nub support to it.
I forgot nubs support. Will add it later down the road.
except for ramdom slowdons in Megaman X, etc
How have you been able to test all this in 20mn ?
Does anyone know how it handles certain overlay effects in the Mario games for example (like the shrinking circle around mario when a level is finished), as my current emu has issues with this?
What's your current emu ? If it's snes9x4p, then it's based on a old snes9x version that's known for some issues.For me these effects works as intended in this release.

I see that a new build of it was made available recently. What changed in it?
Err no ? This is the 1st release of a 8 months long project of mine.
The slowing down of the game occurred when there were multiple enemies on the screen during the Intro Stage.
I dont own megaman X personnally so I cannot be sure. But this emulator run everything I throw at it fullspeed with no slowdown.

Thank you, I am super excited to try this. It looks great! I have to go through tv out at the moment, so I will see if it is compatible with qjoypad. Any chance it can support external controllers/multiplayer?

I had a crash on the first run at the end of the scan for roms... no big deal trough, it worked as expected on the next run, without rescanning the folder...great work!

I've only managed to give this a little bit of treating so far but I can't get Yoshi's island to run at all so far. Also is it possible to set default screen preferences for all games? I'm never a fan of stretched games.

I had a crash on the first run at the end of the scan for roms... no big deal trough, it worked as expected on the next run, without rescanning the folder...great work!
When I first scanned the roms, the PND crashed afterwards and when I got back to the Pandora desktop it was like the machine response was stuttering every second or two. A full reboot seemed to fix matters though

I have to go through tv out at the moment, so I will see if it is compatible with qjoypad. Any chance it can support external controllers/multiplayer?
Please repport on the tv out (if it's work). I'll add usb controller support in next release (like nub support)
I've only managed to give this a little bit of treating so far but I can't get Yoshi's island to run at all so far.
I'll have to have a look into this.
Also is it possible to set default screen preferences for all games? I'm never a fan of stretched games.
it is. While playing, press [m] then select "video option" finally set display to "maximized" or "pixel perfect" depending on your liking. Later runs will follow that preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back