Mame emulation

sukhi2011

There are 2 mame emulators on pandora,mame4all is awful for compatibility but mame 106 is much better runs full speed with good sound and plays so many games and i'm not joking at all,just check out the list of games it can play and mame4all can just dream of them,before we do that,we need an update on mame 106 this emulator can get even better,if dev put some improvements to the emulator,ok here is the list what it plays:

Mame 106 games list which work

snk vs capcom & plus (none of the game works on mame4all)

Kof 2000/kof2001/kof2002/kof2003,kof 10th anniversary 2005/kof 10th anniversary plus (none of these games work on mame4all)

burning force (this game didn't display right on mame4all)

crouching tiger & hidden dragon (does not work in mame4all)

Ladykill (not working again)

Matrimelee (again no)

rage of the dragons (no chance,mame4all is boring me)

samurai shodown 5 (no way,and it doesn't come in the list,mame 106 rocks)

Here is a list of games which work on mame106 with good speed and sound,these games don't come in the list of mame4all,we need a update on mame 106 so it has even better compatibility.

Try this emulator and see the difference,it even works on tv perfectly well.

Oh my goodness,i was watching this video last night on minitube on pandora.

It's called mame ex,mame .110 rom set is that latest.

Would that play new games,which mame 106 can't play.

I'm not joking every game i was throwing at mame106,there were working i was really surprised,mame4all was very disappointing,well it did have nice interface.

Do you have any date when it will release.

MAME4ALL is way faster than the other two, as it's heavily optimized for ARM.

However, it only supports old romsets.

So it depends on the games you want to play. The games that work fine with MAME4ALL work best on MAME4ALL. For the other games, the other MAMEs (one of them currently being unreleased) are suggested.

MAME4All is excellent, and is not designed to run newer games. There a many differant versions of MAME, and they all run certain games. Like Ed said, MAME4All is very well optimized, and runs everything that it should very well.

SteveM did a great job, in a very short period of time. It is one of the best emu's on Pandora, PERIOD!

Chris

MAME4All is excellent, and is not designed to run newer games. There a many differant versions of MAME, and they all run certain games. Like Ed said, MAME4All is very well optimized, and runs everything that it should very well.

SteveM did a great job, in a very short period of time. It is one of the best emu's on Pandora, PERIOD!

Chris
+1

Although Super Geometry Dust and Forget Me Not (almost exclusively of late) have taken over. Which is what makes the Pandora pretty darn special.

I know it's faster and has great performance but as jumpman said it's not running newer games,that's bit bad because the new games are better and most majority games don't run,believe it or not mame106 can run much more games,which i prefer compatibility than speed.

I don't think it's the best emulator on pandora there's perfect one like picodrive,n64,psx and others,well n64 has the best 3d games of any system,i mean on the emulators on pandora and it's the best emulator on pandora.

Best arcade systems neo geo mvs,mame,

Best console systems mega cd,neo geo aes,n64,saturn,dreamcast,apparently dc didn't make it to pandora,oh no that's really bad,anyways back to mame the mame106 works on tv and mame4all doesn't,we will have to see how good is mame ex,i think it will become the best mame emulator on pandora ever.

Just wait a new MAME will be out with .110 rom set :)

hopefully in next few days

http://boards.openpa...-ex-beta-video/

MAME4ALL is great for speed yes.. but what you lose in rom compatibility (compared to the other build) is not worth the tradeoff, this different build on the other hand can't come soon enough.. it seems to have the best of both worlds & something like it is long overdue on the Pandora, i'm hoping it has some decent screen scaling/stretching (even Fullscreen!!) & filter options.. but won't be holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to a newer and more optimised MAME. I hope StreaK comes thru with the goods, as I would love to run some newer games, and run them well!

Chris

Yes totally agree with you. :D

Let's just hope plays full speed,nice sound,good compatibilty,tv out and maybe controllers,if they are compatible. :huh:

Back