Losing It

Pleng

My phone is a Nokia E61, and I'm always loosing it around the house. Luckily I can just dial it from my home phone and quickly locate it.

Pandora isn't going to be all that much bigger than my E61, and is just as likely to be moved around almost (if not just) as much. Now there's no way of calling the device to find out where I've left it. Aside from being more careful (!), does anybody have any suggestions on how to improve its locatablility when lost?

If you left Wifi enabled, you could telnet into it and ask it to play an MP3 :) (Unless of course you have turned the volume down to minimum, then it might be a challenge).

Just glue your phone to your pandora, so if you lose it, you an call it like normal. :rolleyes:

:lol:

the pandora will be in your hands all the time so no need to worry about losing it.

Thanks to everybody for your responses!

fiveseven said:
Get one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...O&U=strat15

Just whistle and it'll make loads and loads of (annoying) beeping noises. Be warned though, I've found that some sounds, like keys jingling, can set it off accidently.

I considered something like that, but the Pandora has nowhere to attach it to, does it?

Squidge said:
If you left Wifi enabled, you could telnet into it and ask it to play an MP3 :) (Unless of course you have turned the volume down to minimum, then it might be a challenge).
I considered doing something via wifi. Unfortunately wifi doesn't travel well in my house. I've had to switch it off and resort to Homeplug to move the network around :(

Wookiee said:
You could just keep it with your E61. Then you could find it in the normal way.
That depends on being organized. If that were the case there wouldn't be an issue!

Mithrildor said:
Or you can find some standard place to lay down your pandora after you used it.......
See above...

riosingh said:
you could tidy up.
Don't have a messy house. It's short-term memory I have the issue with.

Additionally, I have a problem with short term memory.

paddy said:
the pandora will be in your hands all the time so no need to worry about losing it.
Ah... no.

No, it wont. Love my Pandora as I will, there will be times that I will be without. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
buy a receiver, an efficient, small battery, a pizo speaker, and a transmitter

DeMoB said:
Get one of these and pair it to your pandora:
bluetooth vibrating bracelet

Dan

And keep it wrapped around my Pandora when not in use?

But bluetooth doesn't have enough range to cover the whole house :(

fiveseven said:
Train a dog to retrieve it for you.
Scared of dogs. Really. Petrified.

Oh dear... I'm not a very good customer am I. Guess I'll have to try harder to stay organized!

If you can't keep track of a device you payed nearly $400 for then I don't know what to tell you

Pleng said:
fiveseven said:
Get one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...O&U=strat15

Just whistle and it'll make loads and loads of (annoying) beeping noises. Be warned though, I've found that some sounds, like keys jingling, can set it off accidently.

I considered something like that, but the Pandora has nowhere to attach it to, does it?

I don't think it's been confirmed one way or the other yet (if it has, I missed it), but if the Pandora has one of those holes for attaching a wrist-strap, you could pair the key-finder (or Pandora-finder, in this case, I suppose :p) with one of these in order to attach it. That, or, if you'll be storing it in a case, attach the Pandora-finder to the case instead (that would be easiest if the case was zippered, though). :p

Back