Lomax for Pandora

Monkfish

screenshot_pc_the_adventures_of_lomax003.jpg

Has anyone considered porting the Lemmings inspired platformer Lomax to Pandora, it doesnt seem to like running on modern PCs and appears to be abandonware these days

Last edited by a moderator:
using the PSX version is surely a better option... no source no port

i suppose so but i never owned that, guess i could try running it through dosbox or qemu but i'll see if i can find source

Is it illegal if you have the pc version of a game, to play the console version?

Like I got prince of persia on the pc, but I prefer to play it on a wii?

Same question here :) . I own final fantasy 8 for PC and would like to play on the play station emulator (Especially after seeing what the emulator can do to improve graphics...). I guess though that the answer is "no". The console versions allays where more expensive than the PC versions where I come from, and the license might restrict to a certain use of the product, I can imagine. Would anyway be interested to hear someone with actual knowledge about this.

In most countries (which have laws respecting copyright in the first place) it is illegal to download something that you don't specifically own, including variations on something you might own. If a game comes in two versions and you own one, you have the rights to that one version that you have and have no rights over any other version. In many countries you don't even have the right to download the version that you do own: in the USA, for example, even if you own a cartridge it would be illegal to download the ROM for that cartridge off the internet; you can use a ROM dumper to make your own copy, but downloading someone else's dumped copy is illegal.

As Adventures of Lomax was published by Psygnosis, which was then acquired by Sony and subsequently re-badged as SCE Liverpool Studios which closed earlier this year i'm unsure as to who to approach Re: the original source code for Lomax, any suggestions??

IMHO playing the playstation-version (for example by buying the playstation-game) is the only option you've got. Everything else is so unlikely to happen or ending up in a unpleasing result that I consider it a waste of time trying to.

Find people involved with the studio. Find who they're currently working for. Internet stalk them for contact details. You'd be amazed how easy it is to track people down. Private dicks must have an easy time of it in the twenty first century.

Back