Does The Pandora Have A Rotating Hinge By Any Chance?

well the windmill thing would be practical if
a) the stick arms weren't flimsy
B) the screen could only turn 180 degrees. That way, along with the not flimsy stick arms, there would be a way to run the cables because they only need to be able to stand up to 180 degrees of turning.
But the windmill does conjure an interesting picture in my head...
whee!

meh im getting sick of patents. but what if, we put the keyboard on a swivel and did the full fold-back idea. same effect, no patents, but more engineering troubles. and im not sure how well it would do on structural integrity.

[EDIT]i just realized the full fold back idea might not work on account of the L and R buttons being in-accesable and possibly interfering.

Well as much as I'd like to see it, if it's not gonna happen it's not gonna happen. I didn't see where Weston said it was out of the question though. If someone could post that I'd appreciate it..... the touchscreen is clearly a bonus since they are so cheap these days and its awkward placement FOR touchscreen use is just a side-effect of that.

MWeston has said it will remain clamshell.

MWeston said:
When the magnet of the speaker in the lid gets close to the sensor in the base, Linux gets an interrupt and based on the configuration set by the user, the kernel will respond accordingly. This can be to go into sleep mode or to just power down all the electronics that can no longer be accessed (such as LCD, analog controls, touch screen). I think mechanical switches is a bad idea as well and requires too much extra consideration in the design. This type of sensor also makes the rotating LCD option more difficult so you can be pretty sure it will stay clamshell. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
javaJake said:
MWeston has said it will remain clamshell.

MWeston said:
When the magnet of the speaker in the lid gets close to the sensor in the base, Linux gets an interrupt and based on the configuration set by the user, the kernel will respond accordingly. This can be to go into sleep mode or to just power down all the electronics that can no longer be accessed (such as LCD, analog controls, touch screen). I think mechanical switches is a bad idea as well and requires too much extra consideration in the design. This type of sensor also makes the rotating LCD option more difficult so you can be pretty sure it will stay clamshell. :)

excuse my noobness, but THATS SO COOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back