What windows software can be ported with winelibs ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Just a general question to the most experienced porters in the forums - I have seen at least one application (a solitaire clone) which was a windows soft in the first place and which is running on Pandora thanks to the inclusion of winelibs. 

I would like to know what kind of limitations this has, and if other simple applications could be considered for porting thanks to winelibs ? I certainly do not expect anything complex, but there's a number of small applications that may be interesting to have from the windows world. 

It would have many of the same limitations of porting linux software to ARM. If the code is heavily geared for x86 and not portable and such.. 

Technicaly speaking, if there are some x86 asembler of use of some closed sources DLL, it will be hard.

Performance speaking, any DirectX stuff is slow on the pandora (Direct3D use MesaGL, and DirectSound use a float mix buffer that also kills the perfs).

Do you have something specifics in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Technicaly speaking, if there are some x86 asembler of use of some closed sources DLL, it will be hard.

Performance speaking, any DirectX stuff is slow on the pandora (Direct3D use MesaGL, and DirectSound use a float mix buffer that also kills the perfs).

Do you have something specifics in mind?
Irfanview would be something interesting me, but that's not open source and we probably would need the authorisation before repackaging it. But is this kind of software, for example, portable using winelibs? 

This kind of software could be ported yes, you just have to found some opensource one  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back