Log's including Pyra that may or may not look like Swastika and the ensuing discussion

Draw the shape on top of the logo, post here. Show me where it is. I must be missing something. It either is there or it's not.

EDIT: I'm positing people are MISTAKING a part of it as the shape. That is not the same as seeing the shape. It's possible to mistake an angled shape like that for a swastika, but that does not make it one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm positing people are MISTAKING a part of it as the shape
Yes, just as people sometimes mistake seeing a penis in posters where there is no penis. Doesn't prevent them from raising objections about it.
that does not make it one
No one is saying that it IS, they are saying that it LOOKS LIKE, but when considering potential problems "looks like" should be treated as "is" until you can prove that it definitely "is not".

aa801a9ce1f784efb6efa6e42de066c0a9db04ca892a46dbc23c0ab63060e76c.jpg

It's not only difficult to see one, it's impossible
If it were impossible then no one would have seen it at all. Someone saw it without prompting, and others have said they can see it once it was pointed out, therefore it is not impossible.
??? I'm in awe here.

Geez, where is it. Will someone highlight that symbol on the logo ?

Else this is just shit talking.

To everyone seing a nazi cross, show it to me ! else shut the f**k up

Here:

Spoiler so as not to offend anyone who might be, also so as not to corrupt anyones vision who isn't seeing it .... apart from you sebt3, as you asking for it

[image now removed as been seen]

Like I said though, this is not exact, as the lines in this logo are not crossing exactly as they do in "that" symbol.

Just that at a glance, some might see these lines highlighted and take a second glance ... which on doing so, I would imagine [and like to think] that they would then recoginise that it isn't one, and just happens to contain "some" similar geometry

Even with this highlight, allow me to disagree :

doesnt cross at a right angle.

in the nazi logo every length are the same which is not the case here.

it is as close to a swastika as this :

router-down-hi.png

That looks like a bad version of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika_%28Germanic_Iron_Age%29 which would give it credibility if i wanted to use it, in the context my logo is made. The fact that i didnt, and clarify the matter in saying that i didnt is my service to the ones who thought that was a problem. Surely i would be able to get more than one line right if that was what i was going for, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika states the use of real swastikas/fylfot's around the world.

Ok yeah, I see how someone might see it on first glance there, but it's pretty easy to explain away if someone questions it.

Ok yeah, I see how someone might see it on first glance there, but it's pretty easy to explain away if someone questions it.
Absolutely. I don't think it needs to be worried about myself.

I'm now going to remove that example image though from the spoiler up there... as I don't want it on here. If people aren't seeing it when looking at the logo themselves, then all the better

I just noticed the current pandora logo elements can be rearranged into a swastika, to go to that length, in questioning its intent, and then put forth your research is just as compelling. Its two layers worth of tinfoil hat too much to be serious. Its making regular tinfoil-ers look bad, or like scientists in comparison.

I just noticed the current pandora logo elements can be rearranged into a swastika
You're the first person to point it out in over 5 years, I'm pretty sure it's safe. If you want to be certain though, by all means, overlay one with the other to demonstrate why you think it looks like a swastika so we can make some judgements about it, or at least show that we thought about it if someone else happens to come by with the same concern.
in questioning its intent
No one ever questioned the intent. In fact, the exact opposite has been said, that the swastika was seen in your logo DESPITE the intent.
our current logo is closer to three quarters swastika
Well that's even easier to explain away than the one someone thought they saw in comradekingu's Pyra logo. I don't see what the panic would be about.

I was trying to explore the potential for a potential problem, my new hobby besides imposing swastikas on things they aren't in.

Edit: The three pronged approach is the decoy, thats just what they want you to believe, man.

I was trying to explore the potential for a potential problem, my new hobby besides imposing swastikas on things they aren't in.
You're much better at logo design then either of those things.
Edit: The three pronged approach is the decoy, thats just what they want you to believe, man.
Then where is the one that you saw? I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about, but if you say you saw it then we should at least look into it.

Clingfilm too.

Pro Tip;

Put it around your fish tank to stop the cat going near it.

I think they don't like the way it gets at their claws

No no no, let's leave it all there and carry on discussing the actual logo design (minus swastikas). The logos themselves are so far back now because of all these pages on the topic of swastika hunting etc. Please may we move along now?

I recede my claim that it's impossible to see one there. I was looking at the wrong version of the logo, trying to find it there. I was working off this one:

post-2326-0-04277300-1390600509_thumb.png

I've been shown to be wrong, and I'll own that up. Apologies for fanning the flames, causing a ruckus and being stubborn :)

that does not make it one
No one is saying that it IS, they are saying that it LOOKS LIKE, but when considering potential problems "looks like" should be treated as "is" until you can prove that it definitely "is not".
Bullshit, you've been claiming that it IS all the damn time:

No, it's not only "not in your face", it simply isn't there
Someone saw it right off. All I'm saying is that it's worth taking into consideration.
Also, FZERO: Can you try doing a group of colored logos using #21?

-God Ginrai

Back