Whether or not Pyra logos look like other things and Feminism.

Feminism is sexist per se, otherwise it would be called humanism.
No. Just no. You are confusing the etymological stem of a word with its meaning here.

There are many different flavors of feminism, some of them may be sexist (as a mistaken approach towards more gender equality), but feminism most certainly does not have to be sexist by definition.

Saying that feminism is sexist by definition is like saying that an anti-racist is by definition pro 'positive' discrimination, or someone who defends gay rights is by definition against all heterosexuals.

Defending womens' rights is not at all sexist. It is very much the opposite.

As a white male heterosexual, I'm an anti-racist feminist anti-homophobia activist myself, by the way. And no, that does not imply that I hate myself :)

Yet, the more popular strains of Feminist impulses can at times be wildly off the mark, offensive even.

Take for example the proposed law in Sweden that men be mandated to sit down while urinating for the sake of their health.

Yes, that's real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, with the greatest of respect..this a logo idea thread and each of you are derailing it with talks of feminism/non-feminism, genitalia discussions etc etc etc. Can everyone either stick to the topic at hand or make a new thread, please? It's disrespectful otherwise, in my opinion.

segaprophet:  I agree, it isn't any of your business.  If you don't like how other people live their lives, or have a problem with their interests or lifestyle you do not have to interact with them.  You do your thing, let everyone else do theirs.  As long as neither is hampering the privacy or freedom of others everything should be fine.
And that is, roughly, the basis of libertarian philosophy.
Yep. ;)

Back to the logo...

I prefer this one myself

post-2326-0-30104100-1403828023_thumb.png

I see an evil face in it, angry brow or horned head.

Also reminds me a bit of a peg or a those newton cradle executive toys... but mostly an evil face
Yes, so many things to see.  Unfortunately all I see now is a disgruntled face.  Thanks for ruining it for me.  :p  

segaprophet:  I agree, it isn't any of your business.  If you don't like how other people live their lives, or have a problem with their interests or lifestyle you do not have to interact with them.  You do your thing, let everyone else do theirs.  As long as neither is hampering the privacy or freedom of others everything should be fine.
And that is, roughly, the basis of libertarian philosophy.
Yep. ;)
Funny thing is, I identify as a libertarian-leaning independent - but I tend to turn into a garden variety asshole when I have a few too many drinks in me. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't typically label myself as anything unless for convenience or strategic reasons, but sometimes my views may be libertarian.  

Politically...well, bad stuff tends to happen when people get together to make decisions that are "best for everyone".  Then again, people will cause problems in most situations.  

So as to avoid a wall of text no one wants to read, we all suck, and we are probably all assholes at times.

^ Yes, I apologize for being deliberately provocative with my 'radical' views. If anyone noticed the copious use of smiley faces in my posts, it was obvious I was having a bit of fun. ;)

Well the Pyra logo is currently set in stone, ED will not change his mind.. to me this thread has already passed it's usefulness.
Yes.

Ok, with the greatest of respect..this a logo idea thread and each of you are derailing it with talks of feminism/non-feminism, genitalia discussions etc etc etc. Can everyone either stick to the topic at hand or make a new thread, please? It's disrespectful otherwise, in my opinion.
I'm glad you said it. Was wondering how long the bickering would continue on for. :rolleyes:

Really, the pursuit of equality of rights, irrespective of gender and their innate differences in brute physical power, was only ever the willful goal behind the beginnings of the feminist movement. Whether female or male, a fair chance for the opportunity to demonstrate your own ability.

Back