Little Request Concerning The Video's On The Frontpage

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
I don't think it's too much to ask to put a little link to them below them. I'm using opera, and for some reason they don't work on the frontpage, but do work when i paste their url in the adressbar...
so a little link to them below them would make them (and future video's) a lot easier to watch (and i don't think i'll be the only one who'll appreciate it :) )

If they all tried to play at once then I'd agree on it being nuts to have them all on the front page; but I don't see a problem with it asking you to click on them to start playing. saves opening another annoying window, or navigating away just to see the vid.

Squidge posted on May 17 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
If they all tried to play at once then I'd agree on it being nuts to have them all on the front page; but I don't see a problem with it asking you to click on them to start playing. saves opening another annoying window, or navigating away just to see the vid.
the problem is that they actually don't work.
if i click they say loading and nothing happens

if i look in the html of the site, pick out their url and past it in the adress bar, get only the flash and then click play it works...

dunno why...

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that's an Opera thing, as they work fine here under Firefox. I'm not brave enough to see if they work under MSIE :)

Squidge posted on May 17 2006 at 03:37 PM said:
I assume that's an Opera thing, as they work fine here under Firefox. I'm not brave enough to see if they work under MSIE :)
probably, therefor my simple request to add a little link below them ^^
isn't too much of an effort i think :)

Squidge posted on May 17 2006 at 02:37 PM said:
Works fine in IE, only starts up when you click the play button...
Now was that brave or just plain stupid? Your choice ;)

And fine in Opera here... though I am using last week's weekly beta, so maybe you;re on an earlier build which doesn't like flash as much?

Tobriand posted on May 17 2006 at 04:32 PM said:
And fine in Opera here... though I am using last week's weekly beta, so maybe you;re on an earlier build which doesn't like flash as much?
8.53, and i've ineed noticed some flash problems from time to time
i'm not using the beta's from opera 9 yet

I have Opera 8.5, and I only just now tried to play them because of Racemaniac's posts. I think they take up WAY too much front-page space whether they work or not.

By the way, it seems that they do not play for me either.

So, now about half of the front-page space is taken up by large black rectangles. I prefer the Nethack screenshots to those blank video boxes.

Back