List Rlyeh projects?

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
Can think of all the projects that Rlyeh is involved in at the moment or has been in the coding side of things in the past? Off the top of my head i can think of
  • Fsms32
  • fmsx32
  • fsnes32
  • fogg32
  • fnes32
  • fgb32
Im sure there are more, can anyone think of more?

fmsx32
fcol32
fngp32 (or somehting like that.. neo geo pocket)
fcps32 (i think - though I think that one got stalled forever. or maybe i just imagined it from the beginning)

funny, he's got no atari 2600 emu lined up??

and of course, fsandwich32, my personal favorite. Imagine! a portable sandwich!

ralp99 posted on Dec 2 2003 at 12:34 AM said:
and of course, fsandwich32, my personal favorite. Imagine! a portable sandwich!
LOL :) yeah I'm waiting dead for this one too ;op

but more seriously Rlyeh is really a god for me and I think he is an incredible powerfull engine for the GP32 :) once again thank you Rlyeh for everything :)

I wold love to get a long Rlyeh interview in the next issue of GP32#zine :)

and I am dreaming of Fsnes32 and FAmiga (yes yes I'm dreaming ;) )

Anyway "Chapeau bas" once again Mr Rlyeh :)

ps: fMsx is so perfect ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fgens :unsure:
oowww, Sonic 1,2,3,4 etc Thunder force 4, Rainbow Islands (probably the nearest to the amiga version), As we probably won`t see that, and so many others, with sound and full speed. :)

Trooper

Sweet! Call me crazy, but Im really dying for a great NGPC emu! I just got into it and I love the tiny fighters! Not to mention the various SNK sports games! Something makes me like them more than the big EA sports thing. :lol:

I used to have a NGPC, but it got stolen one day while i was in the arcade. Nasty. I've been meaning to replace it. Some people like the GP32 control stick over the GBA stick, but damn, you haven't seen the NGPC stick! That thing is a work of art! It's so precise! I miss it so badly...

I'm looking forward to any attempt to emulate genesis/md decently. It's perfectly achievable really, just needs time...and my Megadrive game collection (87 games) is third in size to my NES (108 games) and of course, C64 (363 games, all original, and probably more I forgot about). I dunno what console comes after that. It's a tossup between PS2, PSone, Saturn or SMS. What can I say? I'm both a collecter and a hoarder :)

I would like to see a complete ngp emu too the one i have is ok but a little slow on metal slug even though graphics arnt too much to look at there the best playable 2d fighter conversions on any handheld system i think they play so well ......SFA3 for GP32 ....(stop dreaming tom and get some work done!)....

All the major consoles and handhelds play more or less perfectly on my gp32, all I'm missing is a good arcade emulator and I will be complete !!!!
Thanks Rlyeh, keep them coming !

The problem with MD/Genesis emulation is pretty much only that the current cores are either in C (which isn't really fast enough, from what I gather) or in x86 ARM (which is find for emulating the things on a PC, but on an ARM-based handheld? nopers). So there's a bottleneck that's always being run up against.

Hence the challenge on Gp32spain to code an ARM ASM Motorolla 68k core :)

As Ive been doing the icons for him, i think i can list them all:
fCOL32 - Colecovision Emulator
fCPC32 - Amstrad CPC Emulator
fGB32 - GB/GBc Emulator
fGEN32 - Genesis Emulator
fMAME32 - CPS1 Arcade Emulator
fMSX32 - MSX Emulator
fNES32 - NES Emulator
fNGP32 - Neo Geo Pocket Emulator
fOGG32 - OGG Player
fPCE32 - PC Engine Emulator
fSMS32 - SMS Emulator
fWS2 - Wonderswan Emulator
fZX32 - ZX Spectrum Emulator

Hes a dude aint he? :D

GurtyGurt posted on Dec 2 2003 at 06:04 AM said:
Some people like the GP32 control stick over the GBA stick, but damn, you haven't seen the NGPC stick! That thing is a work of art! It's so precise! I miss it so badly...
Indeed. The NGPC control is hands down the best handheld control! Puzzle Bobble with that thing is schwweeeeeet.

Last edited by a moderator:
fCPC32 - Amstrad CPC Emulator....how cool is that!!!!
fWS2 - Wonderswan Emulator....(is it full screen?....and if it is)...too cool!!!!

sorry....didn't know these two exsited.

yes indeed fCPC32 is grand news. It will likely be one of the last he does as it was I who asked him to do it only recenly when i volunteered to do icons for him.

Cant give you any details over fWS32 - only thing i can say is a i tried a old beta of fGEN32 and even though it was without sound (emulated not outputted i think judging by the display at the top) it was v good with a frameskip of 3. Hell I completed Golden Axe using it tonight :D

And no, NO fSNES32. But frankly id look in the direction of LittleJohn's author Yoyo for that department... ;) (I hope)

eh? ryaleh stopped his snes emu? why? that's .. sad .. ryleh come on :) it's christmas time .. surprise us XP

a shame there won't be a rlyeh snes emu, but without sounding skeptical, what is the likelihood that all of these emus will ever be released? This guy would have to be superhuman to release ALL of the projects he's working on in workable states....

do you think?

indeed...hes doing MORE than enough as it is.

I can put up the Icon images for the aformentioned emualtors if anyone is interested!

Back