List Of Apps/games/'brew Impacted By New Blu Lcd

GA01 posted on Mar 27 2005 at 03:21 PM said:
trooper, I'll post a screenshot of the OpenSNES issue (white bar) once I find my camera. I can also do screenshots of the scanline issue (per emulator) if anyone is interested, however I don't think it will be noticable within the picture.

:)

Gao1 SNES9XGP works nicely on blu+ though the menu system is pretty basic.
If you get those photos to show the scanline, would you mind if I incorporated them into my faq?
Here it is so far: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=18061
I've tried to get photos but it's a real mission to get focused properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
alyinsanfran posted on Mar 28 2005 at 07:01 PM said:
GA01 posted on Mar 27 2005 at 03:21 PM said:
trooper, I'll post a screenshot of the OpenSNES issue (white bar) once I find my camera. I can also do screenshots of the scanline issue (per emulator) if anyone is interested, however I don't think it will be noticable within the picture.

If you get those photos to show the scanline, would you mind if I incorporated them into my faq?

I can host the pictures for you if you want ?. Thats if you haven`t got hosting yourself. PM me or post here and i`ll PM you my email address. And post you back the links.

Trooper

I'm no expert with the camera either but I'll give it my best shot ;). I just need to find it first :lol:. Please feel free to include them in your FAQ.

I can host the pictures for you if you want ?. Thats if you haven`t got hosting yourself. PM me or post here and i`ll PM you my email address. And post you back the links.

I haven't got any hosting myself so if you wouldn't mind, I can forward to you once I find my camera. Maybe between yourself and alyinsanfran, you can include within the FAQ or add elsewhere.

OK, found the camera. I've got a pic of the white bar in OpenSnes9xGP 0.2. However, the quality is not very sharp but it does give you an idea of the problem. I think a scanline pic is out of the question untill my skills improve or are comparable to David Bailey :lol:.

Anyway, you can use this if you want or just delete (I won't be offended). PM your address if your interested.

GA01 posted on Mar 30 2005 at 11:57 AM said:
OK, found the camera. I've got a pic of the white bar in OpenSnes9xGP 0.2. However, the quality is not very sharp but it does give you an idea of the problem. I think a scanline pic is out of the question untill my skills improve or are comparable to David Bailey :lol:.

Anyway, you can use this if you want or just delete (I won't be offended). PM your address if your interested.

PM sent.

Trooper

alyinsanfran posted on Mar 30 2005 at 08:24 PM said:
Boy it's really difficult to get a shot in good focus.
I give up!

Tell me about it :lol:. I've done some macro stuff before (which I thought was ok) but I guess taking photo's of GP32's isn't my strong point either.

Shrapnel posted on Mar 29 2005 at 12:17 AM said:
hmm tks!!

In fact I have ordered from gp32z.com :)

Expecting my gp32 to arrive in 2 weeks time :D

Anticipating!!!:)!

I've received my gp32 blu+ n .... its worth every buck that i paid off :D

I can't believe how clear blu+ screen is compared to gba. The screen is jus generous. gp32z loaded drmd, snes9xgp and LJ with roms for me, and all ran without problems.

Drmd is a blast! I can't believe how smooth it runs (146mhz with autoframeskip) :D I'm a bit sad that it can't run thunderforce 4 and shining force :") but most of my favourites run very well.

I haf no complains for snes9xgp cos it runs better than the vsun on ngage.

I then downloaded gpengine, nestergpd, and opensnes9xgp v0.1 (the only version that worked for blu+). gpengine worked well, nestergpd runs VERY fast but crashes at different intervals (crash is certain). Opensnes9xgp is great but the transparency hack didn't work (i was running FF6).

I also tried the Beats of Rage mod with the Goldenaxe. It worked seamlessly.

And thus conclusion, the BLU+ incompatibility issues are a bit overstated... at least for me :) everything ran well :D

thanks to everyone who quenched my queries thus convincing me to get one great console for myself :)

I ordered a new one yesterday, as I lost my first gp about a year ago..

Can't wait!

I have a psp which is cool, but no "playing around" possible.

Very happy to get another one at last.

Spake_Man posted on Apr 12 2005 at 12:38 PM said:
is anyone actually sorting out the grey / white bar at the top of os9xgp 0.3 for the +BLU ?

No, Not at the moment, But there are alternatives to os9xgp 0.3 that are Blu+ compatible.

Trooper

indeed i did realise that but the others don't seem to work very well or go far too slow on my BLU+,
can u think of any ones that run at a playable speed ?

Ouch!, You maybe expecting a bit much, Even without taking the Blu+ issue into consideration. I have an original Blu (but thats beside the point) and can get snes reasonably playable at 172mhz without sound. Even at 200mhz it is still not full speed with frame skip 0 (needs fs 1) and without sound and thats on the fastest snes emulator with low settings.

Stick with megadrive/Atari ST emulation and below unless you are happy with the short comings of current snes emulation on the GP32.

Btw: You could always do the pencil trick to overclock your GP32 to make it go faster, Which is what i did, See the relevant thread. But i can not guarantee that it will work for you as it did for me and a few others on the board, You do so at your own risk. :)

This is the thread here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=18555&hl=

Trooper

Back