List Of Apps/games/'brew Impacted By New Blu Lcd

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Check this thread and if an app is not listed, add it, with a description of the problem..

App name
Speeds tried at
Problem you can see

ie: Mirko's SDK is certainly impacted; GP's SDK is also impacted (witness Pinball Dreams says Craig, and also my emu CaSTaway which uses GP SDK for screen init), so letx build a list in hopes it helps devs, and certainly pools our knowledge. (For CaSTaway discussion, see the thread in the CaSTaway message board; In short, I will build a workaround as its a walk in the park, I think, for CaSTaway at least.)

I'm sure we'd all like to know, and as a dev, I wanted to know if my apps were effected, without going through 500 posts :)

Edit: -> I am assuming XCade and Zot and BombZ are also effected, since my SDK is effected.. but if like CaSTaway then not too bad hopefully :(

========================================================

CaSTaway/GP
Unknown speed (I don't have a new BLU)
Screen looks fine, except top pixel row shows up on bottom pixel row (ie: IOt starts drawing on bottom row, then wraps to the top so 99.9% of screen looks fine, but goofyness at bottom.)

=========================================================

Please post your experiences, and someone pin this up if it gets useful.

jeff

OpenSnes9xGP 0.3b - FAILS - white line
Frodo - FAILS - white line
clocktst.fxe - FAILS - white line

NesterGP 1.2 - PASS! - no display problems

Left my BLU at home so I can't do more tests right now, this is just off the top of my head. I'll add to the list tonight.

Gianas Return - scolling mess on the right side of LCD
!reader - dtto while scrolling
VTexT 1.1 - white lines
fGEN32 - reboots when game 'd start
U-Book 0.2b - reboots after start up
Doom V10beta - white line
Doom V9 - white line
gpadv - white line

pea posted on Dec 14 2004 at 12:02 AM said:
Dungeon & Guarder (packed with BLU+) - Top LCD line at bottom (as far as I can tell) - so even the game packaged with it has a problem!!

No f-ing way?! Are you SERIOUS? And they were claiming official commercial games worked fine on the new BLUs.

How could any company, even GamePark, screw up that bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elf logic - FAILS - Top line at the bottom

I'm pretty sure this will be the case on all games. Just with some it is hard to tell because they have black borders (e.g. xrick gold)

I've checked another batch. I don't consider the top/bottom scanline problem a "FAIL" since games are playable, but it's not exactly a pass, either)

World War II 1.1 - FAIL - white line
gp2600 beta 0.01 - PASS - no problems (or maybe it just doesn't use the top scanline)
Breedz! - top scanline at bottom
VBA32 GP - top scanline at bottom

more tests:

fGB32 "first public beta" - no problem detected
Xenon Omega Blast - FAIL - white line
fNES32 beta "do not spread" - no problem detected
fGEN32 "retrodev beta" - top scanline at bottom

Smash GP 0.3 - top scanline at bottom
PEZ - FAIL - white line
rogue 041201 - top scanline at bottom

While I'm at it, is there anything being actively developed that it would be useful for me to test? I started with the stuff I bought my BLU to play -- emulators, mostly -- but I don't know anything about the homebrew stuff.

I'm starting to get the impression that the scanline problem is universal. It's just that not everyone is using the top scanline, so it goes undetected.

majick posted on Dec 14 2004 at 03:16 AM said:
more tests:

what game you tryed? for me fgen32 reboots immediately after game load, as mentioned Pina1971 above...

anyway, i dont think that top scanline at bottom, as most obvious problem for new blu, should be considered as such serious problem... i can live with it :)

evilmind posted on Dec 14 2004 at 11:56 AM said:
majick posted on Dec 14 2004 at 03:16 AM said:
more tests:

what game you tryed? for me fgen32 reboots immediately after game load, as mentioned Pina1971 above...

anyway, i dont think that top scanline at bottom, as most obvious problem for new blu, should be considered as such serious problem... i can live with it :)

Fgen works fine with my GP,though I only have tried Sonic, and PS2&3... And Marsupilami, and few others. Come to think of it, everything I have tried on fgen has worked...

*Sigh* along with dungeon and guarder with that small line problem at the BOTTOM of the screen. Tomak Save the World again gets it also.

Back