List Of Apps/games/'brew Impacted By New Blu Lcd

Numo (homebrew puzzle game) has the blue bar at the top. no different speeds to test it at.

For Fenix games maybe someone can email Chui (he ported Fenix to Gp32) and he can make a special Fenix runtime for GP32 BLU+.

The problem is:

1) how can you patch a commercial game

2) a lot of emulators have been abandoned without a source release
(so we cannot fix the problem)

3) Gamepark SUX and i wil personally disadvise anyone i know to buy a new GP32

4) Gamepark SUX

It might be patchable in the binaries (commercial, emu, whatever); ie: It may be possible to detect the init call in the code (if any..) and swap it to something useful. This could be an applied patch, or perhaps a patch done by the firmware. Not sure if its doable, given the variety of init calls people are doing, but you never know..

Many of the emus are under some form of work (rlyehs say); GPengine is a biggy though, but there'll be other tg16 emus :/

jeff

probably we should setup something like a petition list and show gamepark how ugly they became now.... i mean we always know they had bad support etc... but always kickin' their costumer in the ass is just a shame

I'm happy to report that Mike Dawson, of gp32 Frodo fame, is working on a fixed version of Frodo. I sent him a patch last night, and the resulting Frodo is absolutely beautiful on my "dodgy BLU." I imagine he'll be releasing it shortly.

majick posted on Dec 25 2004 at 04:01 AM said:
I'm happy to report that Mike Dawson, of gp32 Frodo fame, is working on a fixed version of Frodo. I sent him a patch last night, and the resulting Frodo is absolutely beautiful on my "dodgy BLU." I imagine he'll be releasing it shortly.

Funny :)
I sent him an eMail 4 days ago and didn't receive a reply :)

But, that's really good news, indeed :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 24 2004 at 07:00 PM said:
Funny :) I sent him an eMail 4 days ago and didn't receive a reply :)

Well, I didn't just send him an email, I also sent him the fixed code... =)

Last edited by a moderator:
majick posted on Dec 25 2004 at 09:21 AM said:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 24 2004 at 07:00 PM said:
Funny :)  I sent him an eMail 4 days ago and didn't receive a reply :)

Well, I didn't just send him an email, I also sent him the fixed code... =)

I sent him the new SDK and told him how to fix it ;)

Last edited:
I sent him the new SDK and told him how to fix it
It turns out that Frodo doesn't link to the SDK. It has its own init code. So I just changed it and sent him the patch. Luckily it worked!

Say, is OSNES9XGP still worked on? It suffers from the gray bar also...
I actually bought my BLU for this emulator, so I'm working on fixing LCD code for it now. Unfortunately, OS9Xgp was built in a very weird way, and the source, well, it's a bit of a mess, so I can't get it to compile yet. I'll be working on it over the next few days, but meanwhile, if you know anyone who has success compiling OSNES, I would lovelovelove to send them a patch and save myself about 10 or 15 hours more work trying to get it to compile sanely.

Say, majick, how did you get ahold of working code...?
Working LCD initialization code? The correct initialization values were quoted in a post somewhere in the forum so I just modified Frodo to use them. Do a search for "porch" and you'll find it. Or do you mean working source code? Mike posts the gpFrodo source on his site.

Or are you talking about my GPAdvance fix? I checked out the source code from Sourceforge CVS and just changed it to use the new BLU+ LCD initialization function (along with the name that shows up in the launcher) and recompiled it. The whole thing took like 10 minutes. I was actually just grabbing the GPAdvance source so I could use a certain piece of it to finish compiling Frodo.

Hey everybody!

Just got my BLU+ for crimbo and... well i could cry. I have tried many emu's games and apps and none seem to work. Here is what I tested

Every snes emu - the "Line"/speed probs/resseting

DRMD - Now this suprised me because aparantly this has recently been updated
for BLU. Well it didnt work and yes i changed the screen type. It only
seemed to work atall at 100mhz. Then it would either reset or fade to
white.

GPDoom - that friggin line

Quake - line

Beats if Rage - Dont work atall

Dungeons & Guarder - THIS IS A PISS TAKE. THE "OFFICIAL" GAME DOSENT
WORK!!!!!! Im willing to accept that mot homebrew software dosent work but the official release??? You wouldent take this of nintendo so why game park????

Well i was sooooo looking foreward to my gp32 and now i just wanna sell it. Yep 2 days after crimbo. Ive spent the past 48 hrs messing around with it only to have t resseting or messing up the screen. I got mine from gbax.com and i feel CHEATED. If they had mentioned on the website about the software problems i woudent have got one. They will hear from me. In fact im not going to sell it yet, I will hang in for a while. Im just upset :(

yeah, GP really screwed up with this one.. I worry that it will really hurt things. I know I'm not going to recommend anyone buys one until the commercial games get fixed (not that many people buy them, but I've got 5 or 6 myself..) -- its just not acceptible that the commercial games are broken at all. (Well, its not acceptibl homebrew is broken either, but perhaps we can work around it :/)

jeff

I didn't have any prblems with my Dungeon and Guarder on my BLU+, but then again, I was only playing for 10 mins so I didn't really play for long enough to notice much.

:EDIT: Going to play it now :EDIT:

me posted on Dec 30 2004 at 09:59 PM said:
:snip:
:EDIT: Going to play it now :EDIT:

Ah, I see what you mean by the scanline, but it's hard to notice and it doesn't get in the way of the game. I also found that that 'problem' is in GP Final War, but I think I have the old version of it (skirmish mode not available).

Does anybody know if my ScummVM builds work? They use the GPSDK for screen init but then some custom code for vairous graphics bits.

PS: Can someone pm me the details about the fixed init code? I am having a think day but I did not see an obvious thread.

Does anybody know if my ScummVM builds work? They use the GPSDK for screen init but then some custom code for vairous graphics bits.

PS: Can someone pm me the details about the fixed init code? I am having a think day but I did not see an obvious thread.

Seems to work on my BLU+. :D

Back