Lik-sang Selling Broken Gp2x's

Price you pay for importing.

The returns policy sounds normal no matter where you order. I honestly don't see why you are making such a fuss when clearly it does not cost that much to send a small package halfway across the world. I have had larger and heavier packages sent for less then that (from Lik-Sang as well (HK-UK) ).

Exactly yauster. But read the threads, what sort of batteries did you try? This thing needs strong 'uns...

Well, it's NOT Lik-Sangs fault you got a faulty unit.
Lik-Sang only sells unopened, new units directly from GPH.
They don't test it. They are a large company.
I don't know ANY large companies who test each device they sell...

There are only some shops who test the gp2x before sending it out (I know I do that and gp2x.co.uk does that).

However, why the heck did you post it EXPRESS?
Express is about 3 times as expensive...

Lik-Sang only sells unopened, new units directly from GPH.
They don't test it. They are a large company.
I don't know ANY large companies who test each device they sell...

Not true. Lik-Sang actually opens the console and do a quality test. They even attach a piece of paper with this statement in the packaging with Guyfawkes' user guide. I don't know if they continue doing that, but they actually did it when I bought mine (about 2 weeks ago)

Jarska333 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 04:11 AM said:
Never had any problem with LS.

BTW, is it cold where you live? A finnish magazine did a piece on 2X, and their test unit got fubared because it was left into a backpack, and then taken out, to cold. I'm not sure how well DHL heats their trucks and whatnots.
I wrecked my Lethal Enforcers Justifier the same way. Ever since then I've been very careful about taking ANY electronics out in the cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the cost of DHL express you could have sold the "faulty" unit on eBay and bought a brand new GP2X elsewhere, with some change left over!

Anyway, I hope you do get a fully working GP2X back soon and can start enjoying it!

I bought my GP32 from Lik Sang and after about a month it became faulty (screen would freeze at random). After much hassel, I cut my losses and bought a new one from GBAX as Craig is very straight and extremely helpful. I am now a loyal GBAX customer - it costs a little more to buy from them but you can be sure you won't be shafted and they will help if things go wrong (which they did with my second GP32) at their expense.

I also bought some Samba De Amigo maraccas from Lik Sang and they were faulty too - well, one of them barely worked at all. The cost of sending it back was too high to bother with as it was just more money down the drain really.

Hi,

That really is a shame, as I've dealt with Lik Sang on and off over the last few years, and the only bad thing I could say about them is that they use DHL and UPS. I got my PSP, DS and now a GP2X from there, plus a few games, etc. and whenever I've had any issues they've been nothing but responsive.

I ordered one of my GP2Xs off them and got it sent airmail, and I received it three working days after they sent it (which was the day after I ordered it). That's better than DHL or UPS have EVER done, and the post office don't send you an invoice a month later looking for duty and their tip.

Personally, I would have posted it by registered parcel post. In my experience (in work), these couriers such as DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx etc. are no more reliable than post.

I do think you should feel more angry by being ripped off by DHL though. I honestly believe that when you pay for "express", you're only buying the sticker on the package so that you can tell the recipient, "Yes, I know it got there a week late, but I shipped it EXPRESS, look at the label!"

RMA policies are the devil's work, and I'm just glad I don't work in Lik Sang's RMA department, because I'm sure they get a fair proportion of chancers trying to rip them off. It's very rare to find a company with an RMA policy that's in your favour, unless you deal with them on a personal basis.

That was the most fucking unreadable post I've ever seen. The fact that the batteries were likely the problem makes it all the funnier. And did I read that right? You paid $122 to ship a package that weighs a tenth of a pound? Oh my god. :lol:

As for dead or near-dead batteries not allowing anything to show up onscreen-- the system will almost always power on just enough to light up the backlight and display some garbage on the screen as the LCD tries to turn on. Often the CPUs crash right out of the gate and you just get psychadelic colors. If you never even tried NiMHs .. well, wow, you really screwed up. (What the christ does NOP UNIT STUFFED mean)

I would never buy anything expenive from a foreign country, you're lucky they even agreed to take it back.

I'm so tempted by a DS lite, but until a UK supplier has got a good stock at a good price, i'm not risking it.

Epicenter posted on Mar 28 2006 at 07:42 AM said:
The fact that the batteries were likely the problem makes it all the funnier. And did I read that right? You paid $122 to ship a package that weighs a tenth of a pound? Oh my god. :lol

This guy (brokengp2x) is a friend of mine. I recommneded this forum to him after he told me his unit was stuffed.

I'm not quite sure what was the problem was completely, but his email to me told more than he put here. What he told me was that the unit would power on fine (I assume he was using the 2000mAh rechargables he had when I saw him a few days ago). I was told that the unit would power on and work flawlessly for a few minutes, then the backlight would flash on and off.

I told him to post here and (but I didn't tell him to chuck a fit) and explain the problem clearly (which wasn't done, sorry broken but from what I can see you didn't) to see if the problem could be sorted easily. But instead he immediately chose to send it back and then for whatever bloody reason came on here to whine about it (not the best way to 'introduce' yourself on a forum).

Whatever, it's been sent back now. But bloody hell man, $121 for DHL was a bit much, their email did say to use to the least expensive shipping method possible (registered Airmail). Sure, may have taken a couple of weeks longer but you would have saved a hell of a lot more money.

Anyway, I've ordered mine from PlayAsia now, and if I have any problems (god forbid) I'll be sure to explain the problem and get help on these forums first.

Now, correct me If Im wrong (Im a bit tired) but after reading this thread, it seems that brokengp2x did not ever check his unit with high end 2500+ batteries.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 27 2006 at 11:08 PM said:
Now, correct me If Im wrong (Im a bit tired) but after reading this thread, it seems that brokengp2x did not ever check his unit with high end 2500+ batteries.
2000 batteries should be able to last more than ' a few minutes'. Now, if he is only getting an hour and a half, thats one thing, but 5 minutes is another completely. I'm assuming he tried at least a couple of pairs before giving up of course. I wouldn't keep a unit that only ran on 2500s.

This issue plagues alot of the non-first editions. Its hard to spot, even if the distributer is checking to ensure the unit powers on correctly. I sent mine back for it after extensive testing to ensure it couldn't be anything else.
But I bought locally (in the US) from Dynamism, and they were great, they even shipped me a replacement unit before I sent my old unit back and didn't charge me a dime.

scorpio posted on Mar 27 2006 at 10:58 PM said:
Personally, I would have posted it by registered parcel post. In my experience (in work), these couriers such as DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx etc. are no more reliable than post.
Depends where you live. In the UK the postal service is as good as a couier in general, but here in italy I wouldn't trust them with anything that I even slightly cared about.

ingrin posted on Mar 28 2006 at 07:21 AM said:
PSyMastR posted on Mar 27 2006 at 11:08 PM said:
2000 batteries should be able to last more than ' a few minutes'. Now, if he is only getting an hour and a half, thats one thing, but 5 minutes is another completely. I'm assuming he tried at least a couple of pairs before giving up of course. I wouldn't keep a unit that only ran on 2500s.

Well, depends on the batteries.
Even some 2000 or 2500 are crap and only work for a few minutes.
If he has used the same brands of batteries when he tried different ones, that might've been a problem.

Last edited:
Jarska333 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 12:11 PM said:
Never had any problem with LS.

BTW, is it cold where you live? A finnish magazine did a piece on 2X, and their test unit got fubared because it was left into a backpack, and then taken out, to cold. I'm not sure how well DHL heats their trucks and whatnots.
Look on the bright side if it doesn't break, you can get down to some serious over clocking!

Occasionally a device won't even boot with low enough current batteries; for example, my horrible power-hog Kodak digital camera will turn on, and turn off in 1 second with fresh Alkaline AAs, run for maybe 15-20 seconds with 1600mAh NiMHS, but operate for well over an hour on disposable Lithium cells. Given how much some '2x'es like to vary in quality and operation from unit to unit (more notably First Editions) it's possible his machine demands a ridiculously high amperage due to some faulty power-handling hardware. Food for thought.

lik-sang not as bad as i first thought, there sending me a new gp2x.
show's you how good this company is.. i gave them crud loads crud to kill a rooster..
and they still try there best to help you..!!! they could have gone the hard way and sent old unit back. but they didn't.

if this new unit is the same as the first... ill give up, place it under the bed, in the too hard basket is... move on to something better.

thank you all for putting up with my bitch'n crud that makes no sense!!

With cheap batteries, yes, my GP2X only works by about 1 minute or less.
With 1800 rechargeable batteries it lasts like 3-4 hours depending on what i'm doing (SquidgeSnes drains battery faster than the music player, by example). If you don't ant recharegeable batteries, use at least the best brands.

Back