Lik-sang Selling Broken Gp2x's

brokenGpx2

Still Fresh
hi all I'm so bloody well angry today.. i just brought a gp2x from lik-sang
they stuffed me around in the first week of giving them a paypal transfer.
goods were sent by DHL that was ok... then i open the box looks ok...
put batterys in turn it on... WOW looks good 5 minute's later back light starts to chuck a wobbly fit. looks like QA didn't check that out properly.
send lik-sang an email i need a RMA number 3 days later after 3 emails
got this note:

I have issued an RMA number and you should have received
another email with the return instructions by now.

NOTE! *VERY IMPORTANT*
Please remember to send the GP2X in its original packing.

An automatically generated email will confirm when your parcel have
arrived and been entered into our RMA system. We will then contact
you again if there is something unclear around your RMA case.

THIS LOOKS TO BE MORE WAITING OR STUFFING AROUND!!!!

letter 2

Please return your faulty or wrong delivered item to the address below. Please write the full RMA number clearly on the outside of the packaging. Only deliveries which are marked with a valid RMA number are accepted at our Front Desk.

Average turnaround time for RMA is one (1) week after we receive your parcel, however, we reserve the right to take up to 10 business days depending on volume and staffing.

Pacific Game Technology, RMA #xxxx
Room 2104, 21/F, Broadway Centre
93 Kwai Fuk Road, Kwai Chung
New Territories, Hong Kong

Please note that the RMA number will be void if you do not ship out your RMA parcel within 10 days after the RMA number is issued.

Customers are responsible for the shipping cost of shipping items back to us. We suggest to send parcels by an inexpensive shipping method to save shipping cost, such as (registered) Airmail. Replacements will then be shipped back to the customer free of charge.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and rest assured we are doing our best to resolve the problem in a timely manner.

With best regards,

Your Lik-Sang Team

not only that i had to pay to send it back to lik-sang costing me $121.80
i can bet you that lik-sang won't send it back to me by express post!!!..
may get lost in normal post.

this looks to be too much mess around don't it!!!!!!!!!

they'll take your money but when it comes to the crunch
who cares about you i have your money

nice people i won't shop with them again.

I had to return some stuff to them last month, had no issues and a fast turn around on the goods and the reemburstment of funds.

The emails you have attached are the same as the process I went through.

Sure it might be a pain to have to send it back, but in my experience of them, this will be sorted OK..

Hope this helps.

fishybawb posted on Mar 27 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
I hope you tried some decent batteries before you sent it back, and not just the ones that come with it...

Ditto. Sounds like the batteries might have just gone flat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post to tell us that you have tried decent batteries....

I can't bare not knowing.

brokenGpx2 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 08:06 AM said:
letter 2

Please note that the RMA number will be void if you do not ship out your RMA parcel within 10 days after the RMA number is issued.

It says you have to ship it up to ten days after the RMA number was issued. It doesn't say that it had to get there within 10 days. That means you could have sent it by airmail with no problem.

Sticking those batteries in the box was a really bad idea from GPH. They should have just put a tabbed sticker on the screen protector film that said

"Remove this film to solve 'scratches'. GPH recommends 2300Mah Ni-MH batteries for optimal performance."

bad batteries fully charged batteries i used 4 sets of new batteries, fully charged.
nop unit was stuffed!!!!!! trust me on that one. must be just me, all full of luck!!!!
just waiting for the return. plus if batteries were flat screen whould'nt load just see colours etc.

aye... the stock batteries will probably net you 30 minutes of life... but get some 2500 MAh rechargable (I last clocked 6.5 hours at 266 Mhz ^_^)

icurafu posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:16 PM said:
Since when does it cost $122 to post a gp2x?
lol it's true it cost me $121.80 DHL express
got the receipt to prove it!!!!

wipeout2000 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:33 PM said:
letter 2

It says you have to ship it up to ten days after the RMA number was issued. It doesn't say that it had to get there within 10 days. That means you could have sent it by airmail with no problem.

sorry about that you must be a die hard lik-sang lover!!!!
or work for them!!!!

i did miss something in my posting about the 10 days processing before
i get my gp2x look'ed at, when was it my fault, send me a fn new one!!!!.

the story is 10 20 days who cares they sent me crud!!!!!
and they are taking there time to fix a problem i payed good money for and a lot time fuel and allot more.

i feel a little better now!!

brokenGpx2 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 10:15 AM said:
wipeout2000 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:33 PM said:
letter 2

sorry about that you must be a die hard lik-sang lover!!!!
or work for them!!!!

i did miss something in my posting about the 10 days processing before
i get my gp2x look'ed at, when was it my fault, send me a fn new one!!!!.

the story is 10 20 days who cares they sent me crud!!!!!
and they are taking there time to fix a problem i payed good money for and a lot time fuel and allot more.

i feel a little better now!!

Yea I don't work for them, and I don't really have a problem with them, I was just letting you know that you might have been able to save some money. -_-

Nickmon posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:01 PM said:
I had to return some stuff to them last month, had no issues and a fast turn around on the goods and the reemburstment of funds.

Sure it might be a pain to have to send it back, but in my experience of them, this will be sorted OK..

Hope this helps.

the thing is mate it, should'nt be a pain. you paid them your hard earn money.
to be able to be pushed into pulling out because they live in a diffrent country.
where they feel it's ok to put you into a place where you feel threatened.
where they pull your strings instad of you pulling there's. a place like that should'nt
sell products.

the hint i get from them is, they really don't want to know there is a problem.
they think there products are 1st class when mine is crud.

im going to rub it into there nose until it bleeds.

Vimacs posted on Mar 27 2006 at 08:58 PM said:
your post office did rip you off, not liksang.

well thats DHL recomended by lik-sang
well if they sent me good quality maybe i would'nt have need'ed to pay such a crud price

Never had any problem with LS.

BTW, is it cold where you live? A finnish magazine did a piece on 2X, and their test unit got fubared because it was left into a backpack, and then taken out, to cold. I'm not sure how well DHL heats their trucks and whatnots.

brokenGpx2 posted on Mar 27 2006 at 10:33 AM said:
Nickmon posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:01 PM said:

Hope this helps.

the thing is mate it, should'nt be a pain. you paid them your hard earn money.
to be able to be pushed into pulling out because they live in a diffrent country.
where they feel it's ok to put you into a place where you feel threatened.
where they pull your strings instad of you pulling there's. a place like that should'nt
sell products.

the hint i get from them is, they really don't want to know there is a problem.
they think there products are 1st class when mine is crud.

im going to rub it into there nose until it bleeds.

I repeat this is not the experience I have had with them...

"im going to rub it into there nose until it bleeds." not very adult is it...

What you going to do when the unit "goes missing" in the post back to them because you have been hassling them.

I would put up, carm down a bit and wait for the returns process to happen. IF you sent them a copy of the delivery costs they shuld refund them, they do when I send them stuff back...

So In the end its a little hassle and no REAL issue...

Back