Let's talk about my avatar and signature

While I don't have a problem or feel the need to have him remove the signature animation, I was a bit confused as to why having him kick a Gamecube was relevant here. Then again what should he be kicking instead? So, in my mind I just said 'whatever". LOL. I do agree with Exo, the demand for the Saturn emu seems a bit much, only in the way it might make a dev think his dedication to freely making an emu for everyone's enjoyment is something of a requirement.

All in all, I take it as a fun little sig meant to show his dedication to the Saturn.

The only real problem I have is with the quote below. :unsure:

Please kiss my ass, then.

As for talk of a second Pandora, I don't mind at all bouncing around ideas for the next one. This ones gonna be pretty cool and I find no harm in dreaming of the possibilities of the next one. The problem lies with calling it outdated and suggesting a whole new iteration immediately.

Since this IS the only device of it's kind, and I didn't see people suggesting the DS and PSP were outdated as soon as the next faster processor came out, I really don't get the "outdated" aspect. The things I planned to use it for when it was designed will run just as good as when I ordered, while I was waiting and when I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, I'm not bothered my the gif - the comment about Saturn emulation annoys me a lot more ;p I know it's just a joke but it still bothers me. I'm not sure what actually bothers me more, the sheer audacity of it or the poor guy having any expectations for Saturn emulation to actually happen..

The sheer audacity of it!

seven-o.gif

Poor guy above feels like me and the chap below...

shogun1.gif

except we have no Katana or Swordmanship and now apparently have no third choice for Saturn emulation, except plugging our Saturns back in :( ;) :lol:

I'm happy I'm not the only one being annoyed by his sig. Even after blocking the image (oh adblock, how I love thee) the red text is still annoying.

3. This is the first place, ever, I have been to that has a problem with animated signatures.
I just go on and guess that you're not in that many forums then. Or at least not in such forums where most users are 20 or older.

There are some golden rules about forum signatures, one of them is to make sure that the signature does not distract from the post. Color usage and especially gifs do. Sure, those rules are not written and usually not enforced, but they're in effect in every forum I visit regularly (and, to be frank, I would avoid forums where many people have such sigs anyway). In one forum I know it went so far as to not even enable gifs in signatures, to restrict the number of characters to about 100 and to block color tags :)

^ I didnt even recognize it ("Kisses"-part to be exact) as a signature first :p

Why are we discussing it? Because currently in my opinion an Arm Cortex A8 just doesn't satisfy my needs for a hand held device. However a Pandora with an ARM Cortex A15 dual core clocked at 1.5GHz might finally be capable of running windows 95 and also be able to run classic PC games.

I will change it within the next hour or so when I'm less pressed for time. (I'm at school.)

Why are we discussing it? Because currently in my opinion an Arm Cortex A8 just doesn't satisfy my needs for a hand held device. However a Pandora with an ARM Cortex A15 dual core clocked at 1.5GHz might finally be capable of running windows 95 and also be able to run classic PC games.

You'll be lucky to see any device with a Cortex-A15 ship in 2013.

I'm going to assume your expectations are defined around current DOSBox ARM performance figures. For running earlier Win95 software qemu + wine will be in a totally different league. Some work was done on this before, ie:

http://gitorious.com/qemu-beagleboard/qemu-beagleboard/commit/168485b75bfa0bd543412039c37967de93cf06b1

Don't know why we haven't seen more people testing it on Pandora, maybe someone will be interested..

Games requiring 3D acceleration will need OpenGL ES targeting added to wine. But at that point it's now unlikely you'll have the CPU for it. That's also getting more into Win98 territory than Win95.

And by the way, I don't actually think the Pandora can emulate a Saturn well; I know damned well how difficult it is to program for, much less emulate. Mr. Sanshiro is kicking a Gamecube because a Playstation, not being a cube, would look kind of awkward covering up a baseball.

And by the way, I don't actually think the Pandora can emulate a Saturn well; I know damned well how difficult it is to program for, much less emulate. Mr. Sanshiro is kicking a Gamecube because a Playstation, not being a cube, would look kind of awkward covering up a baseball.
Actually in your sig you say no one ever died in the Sega Sanshiro commercials, however in the one he throws a guy who explodes on impact, I think it's safe to say he died. So maybe surviving a beating is more of an achievement after all.

Edit...Used to say that, you deleted it while I was posting :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you guys are going over the deep end on his sig.

Adblock, learn to use it, realize you can block any image on web-pages, it is not just for ads.

Back