Lerp Development Thread

Nice, games with editors are always fun. Still got 3 questions

-How much source will be avaible (to maybe make our own objects?)
-How will the morph modes will be switched on the Pandora? Analogue stick?
-In the story mode, will you make a max of objects that can be carried at once? That adds a lot to puzzels (for example: 'you need to get there, but you need to find a way to get 9 objects to a place to get there while you can only carry 8')

Im really looking forward to this game and I love to see some more progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Mithrildor' said:
-How much source will be avaible (to maybe make our own objects?)
If I don't release the source for the whole game, I'll certainly get the engine made available for reuse (as it feels like it'll be an incredibly useful engine to be able to reuse!)

'Mithrildor' said:
-How will the morph modes will be switched on the Pandora? Analogue stick?
At the moment you can tap the action button for a quick morph to the next state, or hold the button which makes the radial menu appear, and left/right spins the menu. I've toyed with the idea of using the right stick for this, but haven't been able to make it comfortable - currently the right stick gives you freelook instead

'Mithrildor' said:
-In the story mode, will you make a max of objects that can be carried at once? That adds a lot to puzzels (for example: 'you need to get there, but you need to find a way to get 9 objects to a place to get there while you can only carry 8')
Again this is something I want to work out for the story mode - it certainly feels like it'd make sense, and that being able to drop items would be useful in certain situations, as would having items that are single use, and necessitate you collecting more to use them again.

At the moment I'm trying to get the core engine working, then I'll start concentrating on the gameplay

Ok , nice, I hope you will make another vid soon. Hopefully you will make a little big planet like editor where you can give objects your own textures.

These projects make me hate that I cant code. I im a bit into C++ , but everything looks really hard.

'Mithrildor' said:
Ok , nice, I hope you will make another vid soon. Hopefully you will make a little big planet like editor where you can give objects your own textures.

These projects make me hate that I cant code. I im a bit into C++ , but everything looks really hard.
Keep at it buddy. It takes a long time. Remember, these projects aren't made in a day, they take months of work.

This game looks so awesome.

Now these types of games gets me excited. It's looking really good benjymous. Especially the second video clip. Love the way you can morph into different objects. I mentioned on the blog that I love GRAVITY for the DS. It kept me playing for hours. Quite a simple game where you have to touch a sensor somewhere in the room with a ball, there's also a few different objects to do it with aswell. Very simple and yet very affective. My whole family would be into this game just going by your simple clip. Will this game use the touch screen at all? Just wondered if you've taken advantage of it since the P has one. Anyhow just wanted to say my piece. I'll be most certainly keeping an eye on this project. I'd defo pay for a game like this! :)

I've spent the last couple of days getting freeform shapes into my level editor (all scenery before was tile based, so all ground collision was just square tiles)

Here's a couple of teaser pics.

3428112871_4cde8f9c58_o.jpg

Somewhere in a dark cave...

3428923012_779827c66d_o.jpg

Shape editor showing the subdivided collision polygons (you just build a big freeform shape, and let it deal with making convex polygons!)

'benjymous' said:
I've spent the last couple of days getting freeform shapes into my level editor (all scenery before was tile based, so all ground collision was just square tiles)

Here's a couple of teaser pics.

(image)

Somewhere in a dark cave...

(image)

Shape editor showing the subdivided collision polygons (you just build a big freeform shape, and let it deal with making convex polygons!)
Wow :blink:
That looks really good.

'benjymous' said:
3428923012_779827c66d_o.jpg

Out of curiosity, how did you get it to automatically create the convex collision box? Did you use a convex hull?

Vorporeal said:
[quote name='benjymous' date='Apr 10
Out of curiosity, how did you get it to automatically create the convex collision box? Did you use a convex hull?
Using code nabbed from the box2d forums: ;)
CODE
http://www.box2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2057

Another video update, basically showing what was in those teaser screenshots.

CODE
http://www.vimeo.com/4210613

This gives a better idea of what sort of graphics style I'm aiming for, and I've stuck some music on too, although that's just placeholder again until I decide how I want the sound to work!

Really really good! I hope i will play it.

P.S: Even if it's a basic demonstration you must add some frames to the animation of the puppet, this frontal view is unnatural! :D

Back