Lazy Reader

GattoVicentino

Still Fresh
Cool program, what a pity that stressed characters as "è é ò à ù ì" appears as a blank space...there are many users from Italy, Spain and other countries that don't like it..it's impossible to read so :-(
maybe a new version to correct this problem? (on the author website there is no email address to talk about it...)

bye!

I agree LazyReader is a great program, but if you want to read accented characters right now, there are other options :-
1. Get UP Textviewer from www.doyongid.com and create your own font.
2. Get Makebook.exe from www.bookreader.co.uk - this is a Gameboy book maker which you can use with an emulator(fGB32) on your GP32.

Yeah, I recently became aware of the problem by reading a comment from gp32spain (I'm from the UK so I'd never tested with any documents with non english characters). I was looking at adding support for different fonts anyway, so I'll try and make sure that accented characters are also supported.

Oh, and my email address was on the site, but I'd forgotten to put it on the lazy reader page :)

kreader on windups has those dodgy u's sometimes, its annoying cus u cant make out the sentance

Make sure you add åäö and ø for the scandinavians as well :)

I don't know why but I don't like the idea of a reader that slowly moves but itself at its own pace

mmhhh Up Text Viewer could be good but...how to make/modify/find on the net...a font capable of accented characters as ò à è é etc??? ( a *.FNT file)...
This program also has an important problem: it truncates the words at the end of each line, it's impossible to read so...it's a very great problem, not a little thing.
Lazy Reader doesn't truncate, it's good...it's only missing that capability of read all type of european characters..accented etc.. I think too that it's better to have on the same program the possibility of choose between auto scrolling (as Lazy Reader) and normal (as Up Text Viewer)

Can you scroll with the arrow keys in Lazy Reader (I'm too lazy to check, just like I am supposed to be if I'm thinking about using it ;) )

You can jump forwards and backwards a page at a time using the left and right buttons, but i've not added support for normal movement using the joystick (yet)

Back