Kudos To Gamepark Holdings

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
GamePark Holdings really deserves credit for how they're handling the GPX2 launch so far.

Look at their website - they're really doing a nice job of responding to customer suggestions. And in English, when we know that's not their first language.

And more impressively, they even changed the spec (32MB -> 64MB RAM) at the last minute in reaction to customer suggestions.

Craigix is going to visit soon to check the system out and give last minute suggestions and criticisms, as an ambassador of sorts on all our behalf. How cool is that? It shows that GamePark really cares about doing things right.

Sure, I know some will complain about this feature not being just right, or that aspect of the design not being perfect, or some spec being too weak etc. But all in all, consider they're trying to keep the price below $200. That's not easy to do, unless you're a huge company like Sony and can afford to lose money on hardware. I think we all realize GamePark can't do that, most companies can't do that. They need to at least break even afterall.

Anyway, kudos GPH. Very few companies listen to their customers as you've been doing, and I guarantee you that you'll get more sales as a result. I started out just being curious about the GPX2. Now I want one. B)

Yeah. The whole new direction gph is heading is wonderful.

The customer suggestion page and the quick replys by them are great.
Adding 64mb ram because of our request was a huge thing.
And the whole name suggestion contest is great too.
And their quick site updates (ie: the latest -company-name-will-change-etc- update), are wonderfull.

They're caring!

specs vs price is a good point.

and if you look at it from gph's point of view, you'll see that the gp32 only has 133 mhz. thus we get almost 1.5 times the speed of the gp32

I agree. GPH is to be applauded. They've done it really well - they saw the benefit in creating a fully open source system, so they involved the community in the best way it could have.

They are doing a lot to build up a reputation as being approachable, informative, helpful. They are also keen to step away from the negativity surrounding GamePark (the old GP) which is fair enough.

Their attitude is actually the major convincing factor that I will purchase and develop for this system (that is, unless they call the new system 'evolution' or 'pulse' or one of my other suggestions, and I win one :) )

I'm as happy as anyone in my corner of the world can be. This will be THE handheld to have when you only want one and don't want big company hassles from Sony or Nintendo. The GPx2 will definitely be a breath of fresh air in a market I feel had staled a bit. Sure the PSP is great and all, but I don't need those headaches.

Winterkid posted on Aug 5 2005 at 02:31 AM said:
I'm as happy as anyone in my corner of the world can be. This will be THE handheld to have when you only want one and don't want big company hassles from Sony or Nintendo. The GPx2 will definitely be a breath of fresh air in a market I feel had staled a bit. Sure the PSP is great and all, but I don't need those headaches.

Hey, don't act like you got a monopoly on our side of canada :p

I have to agree, GPH actually giving us a compo to name the system even and listening to requests and giving valid reasons for their logic on things it's just excellent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go go go, Gpx2!
Go go go, Gpx2!
Go go go, Gpx2!
Go go go, Gpx2!

Go go go, Gpx2!
Go go go, Gpx2!
Go go go, Gpx2!
Go go go, Gpx2!

yeah, they are realy doing good for thair image, seems like gampeark holdings haves nothing in common with gamepark :)

I have to admit, I've been very impressed by their performance. Hopefully they can continue to balance professionalism with good customer interaction. If they can, they've easily got a shot at long-term success. Hopefully they'll handle their products this well too.

GPH is really friendly when it comes to customers. I'm actually not super intimidated by them! :)

I'm really excited about the GPx2 and am excited to program something for it. :)

I hope my GP32 won't be jealous. o_o

Shadow of Chaos posted on Aug 6 2005 at 06:07 AM said:
Hmm.. i think we should be more excited about XGP? isnt that the one with the real benefit of 3d apps? <_<

Open source ???.

Trooper

IT may have 3d yes, but it's doubtful it will be enough to really compete with current consoles. Who do you see invested millions in developing a full-fledged 3d game for the XGP? The GPx2 has it's target audience secured much better needs-wise.

Shadow-

Maybe because gamepark is in worse shape than gamepark holdings and is having the laughable idea of beating the PSP?

i thikn ull have to wait and see.

The gp32 was origionaly not open souce, but they changed it. tthis same thing may happ4en to the xgp

Deep Thought posted on Aug 6 2005 at 05:19 AM said:
IT may have 3d yes, but it's doubtful it will be enough to really compete with current consoles. Who do you see invested millions in developing a full-fledged 3d game for the XGP? The GPx2 has it's target audience secured much better needs-wise.

3d would help in trying to emulate the higher end systems would it not though? Or maybe my dreams of a portable 64 emulator are just that

*sigh*

edit: And think of the homebrew possibilities

c0ncept posted on Aug 6 2005 at 10:38 AM said:
Deep Thought posted on Aug 6 2005 at 05:19 AM said:

3d would help in trying to emulate the higher end systems would it not though? Or maybe my dreams of a portable 64 emulator are just that

*sigh*

edit: And think of the homebrew possibilities

Even if the N64 emulation is possible, control issue will plague the gameplay.

Many of N64's best games make use of the analogue stick and N64 has 10 buttons if I recall correctly (1 trigger, 6 thumbs, a pair of L,R button and a start button), in their unique positions.

GPX2 only has 8 buttons (excluding the volume buttons.), which makes it 2 buttons lesser than N64 is...

And besides, who wants to play N64 games alone anyway? Most of their games are only fun if you play with your friends anyway.

I think N64 would totally be playable on the layout+clicky stick. provideing you rebind buttons as needed or play games that don't use -every- button.

Back