GamePark financial situation

Hwrd

Website
Visit site
I don't know if anyone here knows GamePark's actual financial situation, but "financial difficulties" as it relates to Mitsui does not necessarily mean that GamePark is in financial trouble.

Quite often, one of the more biggest roadblocks to the growth of companies is the ability to secure financing to cover the costs of growth (i.e., parts, labour, facilities, etc).

There is a good chance that GamePark is financially healthy, but couldn't get funding secured to put them into a position to actually fill Mitsui's order.

I think we should all note that GamePark is not pulling a SEGA or SNK here by dropping out of markets. All the same, time is passing and in another year (whether GamePark is around or not) the good ol' GP32 won't look as enticing if it becomes a "newly introduced machine".

dream on...
with the sopposed cancellation of the spainish realease..and appartently,no more gp32's being made....you do the math's!!!

Growth to me would be expanding into new markets, not cancelling them. Another thing is this, Korea is not that big of a country. How many could they possibly sell in Korea alone before there is nobody left in Korea that wants a GP32 and then what? You can only sell so many of something in one area, and you can't continue to grow without selling your product into other areas, or offering new stuff. And i don't really see anything different or new in the future of the GP32.

My point wasn't that all things are wonderful at GamePark (they must also be very disappointed to lose out on Europe).

My point was that GamePark could very well be puttering along as it has for the past few years; it isn't necessarily a dying or shrinking company because of this. Even if international users have a GP32 (and expect more), it still is a Korea-only release. (i.e., we went out of our way to get GP32's, GamePark didn't go out of their way to make them available)

The only ones dreaming are those who actually thought it could become bigtime with a European release. *sigh*

Korea is a big market when it comes to electronics. Don't they have the highest percentage of broadband internet in the world or something like that? There is more than enough of a market for Game Park to be self-sufficient there. However, expanding to new territories is always going to be a problem, and going from Asia to Europe is a significant leap for any company. A few sites are reporting Game Park themselves are in trouble or the GP32 is stopping production altogether, but that's almost certainly a case of 'chinese whispers'. It's not that surprising that Game Park had 'financial difficulties', considering they never went ahead with making successors to the GP32 either. Odds are they're just playing it safe.

Back