Release Kodi (a.k.a XBMC)

Updated build on the repo, up-to-date with the Jarvis 16.1 version. I also added the shadertoy visualizer and screensaver.

Build 10
-----------

• Updated to 16.1
  • Added shadertoy visualizer and screensaver

Updated to the latest version and watching Euro 2016 live right now with a streaming add on (retrospect) :) works like a charm. Will probably only be available for Dutch users though.

Hi i have a Request:
I want to use one of my Pandoras as Digital TV Recorder.

Can you compile this VDR Plugin with the next Version of Kodi for us please?
http://kodi.wiki/view/VDR

I want to see and Record TV with ME-TV but no one got Me-TV to work again on the Pandora.
@ptitSeb
Renembering? Me-TV had to many Depencies and a working Buid is realy realy hard.
https://launchpad.net/me-tv

VLC and Mplayer where never a Choice for me because they are complicated to use.

This Plugin change your Pandora into a realy simple Digital TV Recorder with Kodi..
..sounds good or not? ;)

I have read a little more on it and it seem to be only a remote Plugin for this Big Project:
http://tvdr.de/index.htm

Thx for having a short Look on it.
I will try too compiling it here :D

Edit:
...and failed to compile..
..something with 2G Error in frontent.h.
:(

All i want is a PND for Zaxxon with a DVB Viewer/Recording Software :oops:

Last edited:
Kodi has some troubles with showing embedded subtitles (mkv) - I re-encoded a bunch of them to be able to watch them directly on my Pandora. The affected files work fine on my desktop and Pandora using VLC. Kodi is my preferred video player though.

Kodi sees that subtitles are included and they are enabled but they are not visible.

On redit the same issue was mentioned on the raspberry pi the solution for them was
sudo apt-get install libass-dev

Could this be the same problem on the Pandora?
- btw tested on 15.2 and the latest version of Kodi - both had the same issue

@ptitSeb tnx for looking into it. The redit post mentioned that libass-dev should be installed. Not sure if it is a matter of updating or simply adding it..
[doublepost=1499708881,1499706728][/doublepost]I have searched a bit more and seen some contradicting posts regarding the reason of the subtitle problem
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310750 seems to confirm it is probably not (or not only) the libass-dev library.

BTW Kodi on my desktop (18.0 - alpha build) displays the subtitles fine as well.

Ok, I think it's fixed now.
In face, the libass.so was missing from the package (but as I test with codeblocks launched, I didn't noticed).
Still, I updated the lib to latest version...

Build 13
-----------

• Fixed an old bug with missing ASS subtitles

wow that's fast! thanks. Will give it a try and report back asap.
[doublepost=1499719060,1499717223][/doublepost]Yes, the bug is squashed! The subtitles look fantastic in Kodi. Attractive fonts that read well.

Thanks ptitSeb, seems to work ok but the performance is very bad, it drops a massive amount of frames. I'm testing the same stream in VLC and kodi and it works perfect on VLC but is a slideshow on kodi, it maybe due to the nature of the add-on? I guess it requires some CPU to convert the network stream to DVB signal. Do you think this may be the problem and we just need more CPU power?
[doublepost=1511025217,1511024809][/doublepost]Thanks ptitSeb, seems to work ok but the performance is very bad, it drops a massive amount of frames. I'm testing the same stream in VLC and kodi and it works perfect on VLC but is a slideshow on kodi, it maybe due to the nature of the add-on? I guess it requires some CPU to convert the network stream to DVB signal. Do you think this may be the problem and we just need more CPU power?

Exactly, I won't use the word smoother because the difference is huge. On vlc is like watch the TV and on kodi is just a slideshow.

I don't know if I can put here the stream I'm testing. It's just a list with DVB-T channels in spain, all open channels but still can't know if it's permitted.

Well, I have to make that plugin run and analyse the running process. I have re-checked and all optim are there, so I don't know what is happening here.

If you really want to check I sent you a PM. I really appreciate your help. I'm aware that this may just be a power limitation.

So, I have finally update the KODI/XBMC PND for the Pandora.

The 18.2 "Leila" version got a lot of changes in the Context creation / Renderer path, making it tricky to use GLES on Linux (no support anymore, only RPi support), or use GL4ES (Kodi use EGL to create OpenGL context). So this one needed some hack. It now use gl4es and so OpenGL 2.0 shaders. I needed a few fixes on gl4es forthis one, but that it, it seems to works fine. I also embedded 2 music visualization plugins (Spectrum and Waveform). I tested quickly on my gigahertz with a SD Video, an HD Video and Musics and all seems to work fine...

To get both Music Visualizer, you will need to enable them in Setup/Add-ons/My Addons/All first.

Build 15
-----------

• Updated to 18.2
  • Added Spectrum and Waveform Music Visualizer

Back