Kali Linux Android on Pandora (Help)

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Hello everyone.

Recently I tried to run a custom version of Kali Linux on the Pandora using the .sh command attached but as I don't know too much about .sh scripts, I wasn't successful. The image that the .sh file wants is referred as "Kali Linux" on Galaxy Note 3. Your helps are much appreciated ^^

View attachment bootscript.sh

Last edited by a moderator:
Their official page has an armel(soft-float) and armhf rootfs images. you would still need to shove in the Pandora kernel for it to boot properly, then you would still need to resolve a ton of different Pandora hardware quirks. You can't just take some install script made for a Galaxy 3 and expect it to work.

Well I posted that before he shared the script. But this looks specifically design to be launched from android all the paths are hard coded that way.

@Alpibrine28  Just download the armhf image from Trashy's post and  move to the directory where you downloaded it. Then do a right Click> Open Terminal here. In the terminal type the following:

sudo su

<it will ask you for your Password, enter that>

mkdir mount

opkg update

opkg install xz

xz -d ./kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img.xz > ./kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img

mount ./kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img ./mount/ -o loop

ls mount/

and post the output

@Alpibrine28  Just download the armhf image from Trashy's post and  move to the directory where you downloaded it. Then do a right Click> Open Terminal here. In the terminal type the following:

sudo su

<it will ask you for your Password, enter that>

mkdir mount

opkg update

opkg install xz

xz -d ./kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img.xz > ./kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img

mount ./kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img ./mount/ -o loop

ls mount/

and post the output

Ok, I will try this. Thanks!

Hmm. When I try to mount it, it says "can't find the file in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab"

Hmm odd, try moving the -o loop to right after the "mount" command.

Looks like he isn't in a root shell; sudo sh failed for some reason. Because that's what mount says when you try to mount something that isn't in your fstab and you're not root.

Ah, the fun of remote debugging.

On my Pandora it says "mount: only root can do that" , so that should not be the Problem.
PS: But it says "<bla> no such file or directoy" when the source File doesn't exist.
PSS: Maybe we should move the disccussion over tho IRC?

Looks like he isn't in a root shell; sudo sh failed for some reason. Because that's what mount says when you try to mount something that isn't in your fstab and you're not root.

Ah, the fun of remote debugging.
I did a sudo su before. Doesn't that make me root?

Yeah i don't think that was the problem. Still are you sure, that your Filenames are correct?

PS: But still post the output of "ls -lh" I just want to be sure that everything is O.k.
Also IRC....

Last edited:
Yeah i don't think that was the problem. Still are you sure, that your Filenames are correct?

PS: But still post the output of "ls -lh" I just want to be sure that everything is O.k.
Also IRC....
I am sure, not manually typing it. Wait a second, I will post the output.

Also, OK, I am coming to IRC.
[doublepost=1451762381,1451761832][/doublepost]My ls -lh output...
Code:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1.9G Sep 23 00:01 kali-linux-light-2.0-armhf.img
[doublepost=1451764418][/doublepost]fdisk output
Code:
Disk Kali.img: 1988 MB, 1988100096 bytes
181 heads, 3 sectors/track, 7151 cylinders, total 3883008 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xf1bd2d84

Device        Boot       Start       End        Blocks       Id       System
Kali.img1       *          2048    3883007  1940480       83         Linux