JXD S7800B - RK3188 Handheld for $160

I've been thinking about getting a tablet, since Gingerbread on my Pandora wiped my SD card. I've several Android apks from Humble Bundles. This looks quite a nice option

Someone at the german boards has one of these already and mentioned that both the OS and the build quality is terrible. Sometimes the DPad even registers a complete different direction than the one you pressed.

the 7300 had that issue as well, it was something to do with putting the dpad and left analog on the same leads and only changing the values that were registered on the inputs.

While the price is good, and it's always nice to have alternatives to play around with, I just can't see myself going back to JXD anytime soon. That iben L1 is starting to look rather good though.

Yeah, the iBen looks superior, specially the design it just looks flawless.

L1-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone at the german boards has one of these already and mentioned that both the OS and the build quality is terrible. Sometimes the DPad even registers a complete different direction than the one you pressed.
I've been playing a lot on mine. This never happened to me. Also, both the d-pad and analog sticks are pretty decent, imo.

How do these gaming tablets compare to holding a controller?

They look quite cumbersome with the hands so wide apart.

How do these gaming tablets compare to holding a controller?

They look quite cumbersome with the hands so wide apart.
It's ok. I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it is, so when it arrived I was pretty surprised. Still, holding it feels pretty comfortable. It's a bit unwieldy in some situations due to it's size, but the controls feel pretty good. 

Back