JXD S7800B - RK3188 Handheld for $160

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
JXD have released a RK3188 Quad core 7" screen handheld with 2gb Ram and 5000mAh battery for $160.  Looks like they are getting better  

Check it here:  http://liliputing.com/2013/08/jxd-introduces-s7800-handheld-gaming-tablets-for-160-and-up.html

S7800_980x480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that is holding me back with these devices is the good games on android are thd so you need tegra enabled devices to play them played shadowgun on normal then tegra enhanced and wouldnt go back im worried this is going to be a trend

Great, they're advertising NDS now..
???? oh you talking about the plays these systems jxd are notorious for that how closer are we to having enough power for dreamcast emulation exophase? ps did you port mame 60 to the xbox?

I mean the ad says "PSP PS1 NDS Arcade" so they're now promoting it as a device capable of emulating those systems. They've probably already loaded nds4droid on it even though the performance isn't going to be that great. I just wonder if they're going to attempt hacking a DraStic APK and including it, after it's released.

Not that it's really new for them to advertise emulation that's way too slow. They did it back with their very first Blackfin-based devices many years ago, which ran a VBA port that was too slow to be useful.

And no I never ported MAME to anything.

Hmmn just noticed no bluetooth that could be a stumbling block for me

Really, now that the Shield is out, why would you spend money to buy this thing?  The Shield is way more powerful and can emulate stuff way better than this thing.  I know you said it's half the cost of the Shield, but I say to you save the other half and get the Shield.

The thing that is holding me back with these devices is the good games on android are thd so you need tegra enabled devices to play them played shadowgun on normal then tegra enhanced and wouldnt go back im worried this is going to be a trend
tegra enhanced unity games arent really tegra enhanced, shadowgun deadzone is a good example, it unlocks the max quality settings. besides tegra optimized seems time limited.

Really, now that the Shield is out, why would you spend money to buy this thing?  The Shield is way more powerful and can emulate stuff way better than this thing.  I know you said it's half the cost of the Shield, but I say to you save the other half and get the Shield.

look at the price...and shield seems "bad at android,"  reading, browsing, typing seems uncomfortable,

on top of that swipe games like temple run and pinbal hd are unplayable also any game with a portrait mode your screwed leaning towards the new nexus 7 now

thats ok for u m8 197 pounds is what u pay when or if it arrives in uk itll be 250+ due to government tax also nvidia are very coy over whether itll be released in europe or not and dont like using newegg or willgoo like to see what im buying

tegra enhanced unity games arent really tegra enhanced, shadowgun deadzone is a good example, it unlocks the max quality settings. besides tegra optimized seems time limited.

look at the price...and shield seems "bad at android,"  reading, browsing, typing seems uncomfortable,
Not really, I used it last night to do all these things and it is very comfortable.  You can open the screen all the way to 180-degree and it very comfortable for all these tasks.  I played temple run on it sideway too and didn't find it uncomfortable at all.  Maybe it's just me.

Not really, I used it last night to do all these things and it is very comfortable.  You can open the screen all the way to 180-degree and it very comfortable for all these tasks.  I played temple run on it sideway too and didn't find it uncomfortable at all.  Maybe it's just me.
I think I am going to be the same way as you when I get mine.  I watch the videos of people talking about how it is uncomfortable and I think doesn't look uncomfortable to me.  

I think I am going to be the same way as you when I get mine.  I watch the videos of people talking about how it is uncomfortable and I think doesn't look uncomfortable to me.  
the uncomfortable bit was aimed at everything non-game...

I have to agree^, but I do see the need for the "cheap" alternatives.

These things are getting better with every new unit, and a few weeks ago, I was actually considering one. Now that the Shield has arrived, I won't even bother looking at this line of android devices.

Some people don't need the latest and greatest emulation, and you get a lot of different good thinks with a device like this. I can't believe their promoting DS and PSP. It will run those games, but nowhere near decent IMO. The price is decent for what you get, and for some, this would be a solid buy. 

For me, I want any new device purchases to be a good value, and the most bang for my bucks. I have no issue paying the extra funds for the Shield(as it's not much more, for what you get), but someone else may not like the form factor of that device, so I can always see how a device like this might fit a specific need. It's all about choices I guess.

Chris

Its not just that Chris its availability in the uk we get left till last 

Back