JXD S7100

do you need help with this?

If you can help SONY with finding language setting on S7100 so he can change his to english that would be good.
The sooner SONY changes the language to English the sooner he can test GTA 3!
dont tease me i just helped you out kid.
I was just trying to get you motivated to help SONY out :)
what makes you think i need motivation to help you guys out? im doing it because a. i have nothing to do. b. because im going to do the same thing in a day or two when i get mine. and c. i help anyone in need.

btw is that link that i sent you what you were looking for?

what is the question? you want to know if this will work with gta 3?

of course it will... maybe not out of the box... you need to root it to put market on it, but with root access you can tell the market your device is anything out there by modifying the built.props file (basically a txt file) I've head of people getting gta3 working on basically every android device you can think of.

The problem is going to be finding the right device to make it appear in the market. If only used for testing capability you will need to find a less than legitimate source for the .apk and install it that way... root access is not required for installing .apks from external sorucecs

EDIT

langueage settings MENU BUTTON> settings (wrench or gear) > language and keyboard (A keyboard key) > select language (first option) > english (options 8-16 depending on dialect)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright people, we are all here for the greater good :)

@BakedPete Link you've posted is the same file I posted on the 8th page (6th post from above) and that file, SONY said, didn't helped him much. I was then trying to find Chinese one to try and "decypher" what would be symbols for "Language & Keyboard" in english manual so SONY could try and find it in the setting menu but the file I downloaded and I though was in chinese was in english too. If SONY succeeds with our ideas (11th button and so on) we are good.

EDIT

langueage settings MENU BUTTON> settings (wrench or gear) > language and keyboard (A keyboard key) > select language (first option) > english (options 8-16 depending on dialect)
Yes!!! It's in English now!!! :wub:

{animated .gif image}

Thank you to everyone else for helping me and putting up with my Android n00biness. I have to go to work now, but will continue getting the market on this when I return. Cheers all. B)

EDIT

Yes!!! It's in English now!!! :wub:

thanks_animated.gif

Thank you to everyone else for helping me and putting up with my Android n00biness. I have to go to work now, but will continue getting the market on this when I return. Cheers all. B)
Sony could you try shadowgun on it i believe the yinlips can run it so this has the same specs lovely game may show the power of the system.

Bad news guys got mine today but the screen was cracked and made the touchscreen unuseable(Ahhhhhhh!)

Seen some guys unboxing vid on youtube with the same exact crack in the same exact place, i hope its not a widespread problem.

Returned but who knows when that one is coming they say they are out if stock :(

Anyone else have this problem?

Man what a bad start. I'm going to go cry now!

01/08/2012 Processing please dont get my order mixed up

01/08/2012 Delivered Thank you for your order. Please wait patiently. We will send out your order soon. You will receive it.

Does that mean they have shiped it? I really cant understand the way they have said it.

Yes, it does mean that it has been shipped out to you. So, now all you have to do is wait *3 days for it to arrive at your door-step or office.

Anyway, I'm home and going in to finish the job at hand, because now that my JXD S7100 is in English it will be all down hill from now on...thanks to ANDROID (the member here). :wub:

Bad news guys got mine today but the screen was cracked and made the touchscreen unuseable(Ahhhhhhh!)

Seen some guys unboxing vid on youtube with the same exact crack in the same exact place, i hope its not a widespread problem.

Returned but who knows when that one is coming they say they are out if stock :(

Anyone else have this problem?

Man what a bad start. I'm going to go cry now!
Damn man, sorry to hear. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Yeah me too.

Was so happy to see it at my doorstep.New one is being shipped should be delivered in 1 or 2 weeks at most, hopefully with no problems. I think they shipped me one with a resistive screen instead of the capcative anyway so its sort of not all bad. My new one is going to be capacative, i made sure of it.

The limited time I had mine it looked and felt pretty good, all the buttons were nice and clicky, stick was centered and worked good and it felt comfortable to hold, looked better in person than in pictures, big plus is the matte finish on the body. No fingerprints!

Any way can you do me a favor and tell me how you rooted it step by step, I'm new at this sort of thing.

Worst part of it was I didn't get to use it at all.

I just hope mine doesent come with a broken screen. If it does i will be very angry and just get my money backa dn wait for the new google pad thats comming out.

Congrats BakedPete, I hope everything is OK with yours.

Once you get it can you show some stock emulators running games.

OMG THIS IS UNBELIEVEIBLE look at the message that i just got from the online store i just bought it from.

This is Allen from isharegifts.com.

First of all, we wish you good luck in this coming Chinese lunar new year.

We are writing to concern your order. We apologize that JXD S7100 had been run out now. It is coming to near to Chinese new year(on 23th, Jan 2012), and our factory do not have enough original materials to produce this product. But this product will be made out soon after Chinese spring festival. It will be available on 15th, Feb 2012.

im getting a refund NOW!!!!!

OMG THIS IS UNBELIEVEIBLE look at the message that i just got from the online store i just bought it from.

This is Allen from isharegifts.com.
That sucks.. I know that Allen, he was my single point of failure contact as well.

You can refund and try from another supplier that have more in stock.

I don't think I will do any business with Isharegifts in the future. Very unprofessional company. I hope my JXD S7100 will arrive without issues. Returning it for repair with a company like this sounds like a scenario for a nightmare...

Back