buy now for $88.99

http://www.isharegif...let-p-1615.html

HUAC2NKCED1VED_EFH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like the same old shit.

[OFFTOPIC]

Why do you keep changing your name Johnson? It's getting confusing :p

[/OFFTOPIC]

This is just a draft design, i doubt it will have dual analog nubs, but I'm going to push them in that direction for a future design for sure. If you guys have anything else to add to my little list let me know and I'll throw it in there. Like how would *you* change one of these if you could?

everything I put I gave to them and will make sure I explain each one in depth and while it's important to "us"

The dpad was from a reference design, not nessisarly a final design, I'm also going to push to get a solid Dpad and just plain round ABXY action buttons.

one bad thing was they said internal non-replaceable lipo battery. If I can I want to also push for a standard battery like a widely used nokia battery or something standard.

@moz - i wanted somethig cooler than my actual real life name. I first chose panda express but decided agiasnt it, then changed it to android within like 5 min, i wouldn't say that's "keep changing"

heres a smart idea, quit cloning one of the worst handheld dpad and analogue stick

heres a smart idea, quit cloning one of the worst handheld dpad and analogue stick

A good idea would be to quit cloning anything.

If a good handheld with a proper open OS suited for gaming (without any ripped software) comes out, I'd love to sell it in Germany as well... but I can't possibly sell clones...

I am sure they could push twice as many units if they used an original design.

I think there was a communication barrier between me and JXD so I had my hand at photoshop to better convey my ideas.

also FYI the image I was given was a photoshop it's self, I figured it out when I got down to editing it ... so it definately a WIP for them

regardless here is what I sent them back

1324756595166.jpg

That second design looks much better, my only problem with it is that the ABXY buttons look a bit too far spaced apart.

Here's a feat. Try and get JXD to give out the OS source code. Wouldn't have to depend on them for updates.

Quick... need to know how much you would pay for the concept design... if it existed, had android, a Cortex A9 (maybe multi-core) and 512mb-1GB of ram?

so... basically how much would you pay for a cheap Chinese game handheld, if it had some decent specs and decent controls?

If it has everything I listed and was decent enough I'd say I would pay $250 - $350 USD.... does that sound pretty accurate for "the retro gaming community" ?

I'm talking to some manager of sales and PR and she likes my ideas a lot.

also going to try to take in some of the ergonomics design ideas from the JXD A3300 (without the stupid dpad/action buttons) and add some L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons to the top

A3300_04.jpg

true... but I can't actually think of a better place to put them more comfortably except for directly under and off center towards the screen from the dpad /action buttons. Well without it being like a foot long

I got some of that "just add water" prototyping molding putty and some old school console controllers, and I was thinking of doing a mock up of what I got in mind and send it to them, if they take my ideas any more serious.

anyone remember my SNES/odroid hardware mod I did?

You know what would be an awesome design? If the action buttons were on top of a large nub (probably not possible though, and if you swapped the D-Pad and the other nub around.

Back