Release Just Did An Interview For One Last Continue

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
I recently did an interview with the gaming news site One Last Continue about the Pandora. There's nothing in there that hasn't been said on the boards, but if you want to check it out, it's here:
www.onelastcontinue.com/4958/guest-interview-chip-andre-open-pandora

Great interview, and very informative. Thanks Chip

Who were the "very large companies" that contacted you? I must have missed that post.

Well as much flak as you get for your moderation related stuff you definitely know your pandora shit. i think you pretty much portrayed everything perfectly

MonkeyChops said:
Who were the "very large companies" that contacted you? I must have missed that post.
One was Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu. The other was Microsoft, believe it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft?!

I can hear the 'Imperial March' theme of Star Wars... :p

Nah, just a joke. Glad to hear that the 'big guys' are getting interested in the Pandora project ;).

PoisonedV said:
BackAssward said:
Chip said:
I recently did an interview with the gaming news site One Last Continue about the Pandora. There's nothing in there that hasn't been said on the boards, but if you want to check it out, it's here:
www.onelastcontinue.com/4958/guest-interview-chip-andre-open-pandora

Publicizing your own PR work, you really are a PR guy.

Hey, you can't say he isn't doing his fair share of work ;)

I believe it is a tough line to go from "forum voice" to "voice of authority and forum mod" to "OP PR Voice". That doesn't mean anyone should withhold any valid criticisms they have (as opposed to outright flame / douchbagerry), nor hold back. I have no personal issue with Chip, I actually have a great deal of respect for him (you can quote me on that). I tend to treat all people equally, the fact that I still talk to you as an adult should show that, but I'll be dissentious if I feel it is merited.

Edit: My original post may have not been worded the best way. I admit it was a criticism, and a bit tongue-in-cheek, but that that sentiment wasn't conveyed in the wording very well.

'LastPucho' said:
Microsoft?!

I can hear the 'Imperial March' theme of Star Wars...

Nah, just a joke. Glad to hear that the 'big guys' are getting interested in the Pandora project .

SSSHHHHH they'll hear you! dont you know they have their bowsers and OS's designed to alert them at any mention of their name innitials??! Hopefully their interest was only towards seeing if they could ship it with a version of winmo and not looking to assimilate it's cultural signifigance.

Anyway, perfect interview Chip. Just as proessional as any of the big guys and depicts the system just as it should be. Not to mention I was wondering when someone would mention coding competitions because the pandora is the perfect device for them.

Nice interview Chip. But I was just wondering, when you mentioned graphics editing, 3D modeling, and digital audio editing capabilitiees, was it more a speculative comment based on possible future developments, or are there currently projects you are aware of that are definitely going to bring some form of fairly full featured audio and graphics workstation software to the pandora?

'sold' said:
Nice interview Chip. But I was just wondering, when you mentioned graphics editing, 3D modeling, and digital audio editing capabilitiees, was it more a speculative comment based on possible future developments, or are there currently projects you are aware of that are definitely going to bring some form of fairly full featured audio and graphics workstation software to the pandora?
There is no reason why for example gimp or audacious wouldn't work on the pandora. In fact, gimp was already shown in some videos.

3d modelling is a bit more difficult, but is certainly also possible.

Back