I''ve Just Got A Wiz

'Orkie' said:
From what I read in the databook, yes, it really is that easy. There may be more to it in practice, I've not actually tried doing it yet.
A decent suspend will also shut down as much of the other hardware as possible, not just the processor. Depending on how well that's been designed can have a massive impact on battery drain whilst suspended.

Of course, it's much easier to concentrate on suspending the rest of the hardware when you aren't worrying about getting the processor itself suspended...

Last edited by a moderator:
the pivot maybe lower to make it possible to press at once for a stick click??? wild guess. theres about a week left I think if deffects would happen who better then it to happen then someone that can tell them about it directly?

'RX Shorty' said:
'fettouhi' said:
How is the sound quality through the speakers and through headphones?

Regards

André
The sound is good through the headphones, no by sounds or so.
The speakers produce a high volume but more the hightones, not much of a low tone.

About the movie playback, I am trying to watch normal 700 MB divx file.
That aint going at full speed.
But it has a much higher res as the Wiz.
Need to convert it to Wiz resolution and will check it out later.

--Update--
Work perfect when the movie is resized!

Thanks for the info. What resolution was the 700 mb Divx file you tried to play before you converted it?

Regards

André

hello,

I'm new and I've just ordered a Wiz on play-asia.com. When I have the wiz, I'll tell you my opinion.

Have a nice day.

'pelrun' said:
A decent suspend will also shut down as much of the other hardware as possible, not just the processor. Depending on how well that's been designed can have a massive impact on battery drain whilst suspended.

Of course, it's much easier to concentrate on suspending the rest of the hardware when you aren't worrying about getting the processor itself suspended...
Yes, the Pollux automatically shuts everything it can down.

I _JUST_ received a Wiz and the first thing I did was try to turn it on. It powered right up, and the battery indicator shows it at about 2/3 full.

It took several days to get to me, and it still had a charge when it arrived.

Also, the DPad does seem to have a pivot, but you can also press the entire thing down. I don't know how to explain this better, but I will be writing up some first-impressions and a review sometime soon.

'Flavor' said:
I _JUST_ received a Wiz and the first thing I did was try to turn it on. It powered right up, and the battery indicator shows it at about 2/3 full.
Mine is almost always 2/3 even after being charged overnight. I dont know how much i trust the battery indicator.

'Pickle' said:
Mine is almost always 2/3 even after being charged overnight. I dont know how much i trust the battery indicator.

Well, my point wasn't about the amount of battery life left, just that it wasn't dead after traveling around the globe.

I put up a real quick post about the Wiz here.
CODE
http://play-asia-rulez.blogspot.com/2009/04/gp2x-wiz-has-arrived.html
I plan to do an "initial impressions" post followed by a proper review in the near future. If anyone has anything they think I should address in my upcoming posts, please leave a comment on the post linked above.

'Flavor' said:
'Pickle' said:

Well, my point wasn't about the amount of battery life left, just that it wasn't dead after traveling around the globe.

I put up a real quick post about the Wiz here.
CODE
http://play-asia-rulez.blogspot.com/2009/04/gp2x-wiz-has-arrived.html
I plan to do an "initial impressions" post followed by a proper review in the near future. If anyone has anything they think I should address in my upcoming posts, please leave a comment on the post linked above.

IMHO you should address the battery and the battery indicator and thing with usb host (turning off to save power). Finally how well the emulators run so far on the wiz and how video runs.

Regards

André

I am editor of Czech magazine, we have final GP2X Wiz in editors office for review. Here are few photos, now we work on big review:

CODE
http://www.gsm4u.cz/clanek3046.htm

Do you have any questions?

'Prophet' said:
Flavor,

I just posted a bunch of questions for you on your blog. :p
Thanks. I'm hoping to get to them tonight, but I'd also like to start porting some code. :)

Okay an update etc...

I have just talked to GPH and the D-PAD on the final product does have a centre pivot.

Info for Peter, Boomshine2X will be included :)

'WarmFluffyUK' said:
'Peter R' said:
There is a post on the Wiz display and viewing angles on openXile.
OpenXile isn't going to go anywhere you know.

Christ, it's not meant as a GP32x replacement you know. Anyway, when I post here people ignore the fact that I even have a WIz and listen to the answers of people who have never even seen one and are purely speculating. I wanted to post that somewhere where people won't just come in and post stupid comments. There is currently no one at openXile so that is not an issue there :p.

'Peter R' said:
Christ, it's not meant as a GP32x replacement you know. Anyway, when I post here people ignore the fact that I even have a WIz and listen to the answers of people who have never even seen one and are purely speculating. I wanted to post that somewhere where people won't just come in and post stupid comments. There is currently no one at openXile so that is not an issue there :p.
I know I know, was only kidding.

But I do think you're wrong about people ignoring you, I think you're input is very valuable. If I wasn't so actively involved with the Wiz I would be asking you masses of stuff.

Back