It Has Begun.

PhonicUK

Website
www.phonicuk.com
From the blog:

QUOTE ("The Blog")
We placed our order for the production run of the first 105 boards today!
Yes, it's really happening. Production of the boards does take about 4 weeks from now on, around July 24th (they need to be shipped to us), the first REAL boards will arrive. One of it could be yours, as those boards will be used in final units!

The cases are also nearly done it seems.

Gentlemen, START YOUR SALIVATING!

I've already got my 16GB SD ready in anticipation :D

, the first REAL boards will arrive. One of it could be yours, as those boards will be used in final units!
The cases are also nearly done it seems.

Gentlemen, START YOUR SALIVATING!

I've already got my 16GB SD ready in anticipation :D

Seeing as the 24th is 1 week before I leave off to Bolivia, I'll have to email them and ask for a change in shipping adress. I'm not in the 100 first, and I doubt they'll get mine assembled and shipped within the 3rd of August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better fucking hurry up with that case work too. I'm sick of waiting, and had to get a laptop for college, hell I don't even really want the thing anymore but I feel like so much of my time has been put into this I can't just walk away from it.

-_- i posted this in the news section but no one approved it. next time il also make a thread here.

ontopic: im glad the first boards are being created. im also getting sick of waiting....

Better fucking hurry up with that case work too. I'm sick of waiting, and had to get a laptop for college, hell I don't even really want the thing anymore but I feel like so much of my time has been put into this I can't just walk away from it.
Well, as long as your needs are met, and your time not wasted... douche.

I`m sure you can find the door if you look hard enough. Oh, And please close it on the way out, There`s a good chap.

It can get a bit cold in here sometimes, What with all this sitting around and waiting lark.

Trooper

was i first?
Yes, you were. If I had noticed it earlier, I would have moved it to here, but PhonicUK beat me to it.
I`m sure you can find the door if you look hard enough. Oh, And please close it on the way out, There`s a good chap.
Yup, I'm sure someone else will take the pre-order from him if he asks. I also wonder about exactly how much time he's sunk into the project compared to some of the developers.

Can I say, to me this is both a good news and a terrible news at the same time???
:) and :(

I must say it's good it is beginning, but I'm quite sad because this means august for the first units, that will never get shipped anytime soon (delays of summer and so on) :( :(
I'm so sad...

On a side note... The IPhone 3Gs got here before the pandora... With our same chip... You can't even imagine HOW MUCH I am pissed about this... :wacko:

Perspective.

It still depends on other factors. Even if it pans out for some of those 100, the majority of us are looking at September onwards IMHO.

/flees

This is good news for me because I'm like 70 in the list (I know because I asked)

-_- i posted this in the news section but no one approved it. next time il also make a thread here.
Actually, you were 3rd to post it in the news section, but to be fair, PhonicUK was 4th, and posted here exactly 1 minute after posting in the news forum.was i first?
*ahem* In reverse order of posting...
QUOTE ('gp32x front page')
PANDORA forums
bullety_topiki_forum.gif
It Has Begun. (12) (started by: PhonicUK)
bullety_topiki_forum.gif
It Has Begun. (0) (started by: PhonicUK)
bullety_topiki_forum.gif
It Has Begon :D :D :D (0) (started by: borgqueenx)
bullety_topiki_forum.gif
It Has Begun (0) (started by: WoD)
bullety_topiki_forum.gif
It Has Begun. (0"] (started by: Xian Long"]
Four in news, one in Pandora general talk <_<[/quote]I guess this is exciting because pandora is now only two months away!?![/quote]Look here if you want links to the topics too... unless they've been removed, in which case - don't bother

I guess this is exciting because pandora is now only two months away!?!
You can`t say "two months", That`s already copy-written and trade marked, Not too sure who by, But i`m pretty sure they won`t be too pleased to see it spread around on these boards. :rolleyes:

Trooper

On a side note... The IPhone 3Gs got here before the pandora... With our same chip... You can't even imagine HOW MUCH I am pissed about this... :wacko:
So a giant company like Apple with scores of full time hardware developers gets a product out faster? hardly a surprise is it.

Maybe if the Pandora was selling in millions the guys developing it could quit their jobs and work on it full time. But this product doesn't have mass market appeal. It's a neat gadget for geeks and retro gamers.

I'd even go so far to say that it isn't visually appealing either. But I can look past the exterior and appreciate what it can do, but some won't. Some like the shiny design of the iPhone, myself included, but I won't buy a visually stunning device that is rubbish.

Little things would improve the look of pandora, the font on the keymat is pretty bad, sans serif fonts always look better on keys.

Back