It could be we're there!

I guess the minimum setting which is completely off wouldn't generate EM hum, but I don't wear hearing aids so I wouldn't be sure.

These last two posts have been about hearing aids, not headphones by the way. They have a little 'T' setting which is explicitly designed to pick up the EM frequencies generated by a coil in the earpiece of telephone sets for example - I didn't think you were meant to use it in general use, but I guess once you've set it on it might be a bit of a faff turning it off again.

As far as I've heard, the Pyra is supposed to use a higher frequency to illuminate its backlight. I'd guess this would result in a higher tone in your hearing aid, and if that's hypersonic to you then that would not be a problem.

I have wanted to be a cyborg since I was pretty young. Since then I have learned that it isn't all as cool as it might seem. EM interference to hearing would suck. Is this a common problem, or is the Pandora somewhat unique?

I guess the minimum setting which is completely off wouldn't generate EM hum, but I don't wear hearing aids so I wouldn't be sure.

These last two posts have been about hearing aids, not headphones by the way. They have a little 'T' setting which is explicitly designed to pick up the EM frequencies generated by a coil in the earpiece of telephone sets for example - I didn't think you were meant to use it in general use, but I guess once you've set it on it might be a bit of a faff turning it off again.

As far as I've heard, the Pyra is supposed to use a higher frequency to illuminate its backlight. I'd guess this would result in a higher tone in your hearing aid, and if that's hypersonic to you then that would not be a problem.
I use the telecoil setting for "headphones" designed to work with hearing aids. Something like this (but this exact one isn't what I use): https://www.rehabmart.com/include-mt/img-resize.asp?path=/imagesfromrd/har-lt-la166 listen neckloop_personal listening system accessories.jpg&newwidth=340&height=255
I use it on my Pandora and my phone a bunch. Meaning that the EM buzz from the screen can get rather irritating, especially at lower brightness levels. It's only really an issue when I use "headphones", otherwise I can simply just disable telecoil.
And no, with the display completely off, there is no issue -- when I said lowest brightness, I meant "min brightness but with display still on".

The Pandora is the only device I own which has an issue like this (Not saying my other devices has no EM buzz, but any such noise is so silent that it's only really noticeable if I hold the device straight to my ear).

Oh I see, so it's a neck-borne coil that plugs into any headphone socket, making your hearing aids become your headphones as long as you use the T setting? Yeah it's a shame if the Pandora backlight is also broadcasting noise that gets picked up with that setting.

Does stereo work well with that gizmo, out of interest?

Odds of next news post being titled Mass production...
Place your bets...

But its one step closer. Um... Keep the faith, defeat the hate....? Ignore me... everyone does...

A few months more methinks. I am a second batcher. Anyway everyone knows that the second batch is significantly more illustrious than the first... maybe...

I will be happy nonetheless to muck about with the pyra when it finally arrives.

Odds of next news post being titled Mass production...
As much as I would love that, if the next news post is in a few days it probably won't be that. He still has to receive the new prototype boards and test them before ordering the mass production.

Such a newspost would be awesome, but I strongly doubt it. Still think, ED needs a bit more time. But I believe a positive newspost would be extremely helpful in the light of the upcoming "rival" GPD Win 2 in order not to lose ground.

Guys, I used my connections to get a hold of a draft for ED's upcoming newspost. It includes the following:

A smiley.
Another smiley.
Yet another smiley.
And about three or four smileys after that.

Suffice it to say, this is about average news. I was kinda hoping for more smilies, but these things take time. >_>

I just looked at a couple of old picture of my Pandora from when I use to still have one, man I really miss using the Pandora, I really hope the Pyra comes out soon and that all pre-orders get's delivered quickly.

Followed by a 2 months estimation time.I looked at a newspost from 3 years ago and it was still about case revisions.
I saw one of those recently, too. The upcoming year was expected to be the year it was released. I will wait as long as it takes.

Back