Is The Screen Protector Worth Having/using?

Hey everyone,

Well due to delays they sent a free screen protector for using on my 2X, is it worth putting it on? I'd hate for it to increase reflecting glare or whatever.

i thought all units came with a screen protector as standard?! my first edition one had to by stuck on by myself (wierd?) but i think they are all already fitted now...unless you mean some kind of screen protector protector??

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
Hey everyone,

Well due to delays they sent a free screen protector for using on my 2X, is it worth putting it on? I'd hate for it to increase reflecting glare or whatever.
Don't bother. Get the carry case and make sure the screen is clean before you put your GP2X in. The screen protector is too fiddly and impossible to clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the screen protector is really good it means that you don't have to worry about the slow but sure scuffing of the screen. My screen protector saved me from having a nasty gouge when I put it in my bag with the dev break out board. The screen protector was ruined but the main plastic screen was fine (the one that protects the LCD and although it's replaceable it's a hassle to do).

As for putting it on it is a pain but if you do it right you won't have to do it again. You need to be in a dust free environment. Just after a steamy shower it will be dust free. You then need some type of lint free cloth I find that one of the microfibre cloths for cleaning glass works really well. Once you have used this to clean the screen and blown away every last bit of dust. You apply the screen protector which is really easy line it up stick it on and work all the air bubbles out to the edge.

Mine didn't come with a screen protector so I had to order one separately. They are a pain to fit but are worth the effort.

I regret not fitting one to my 2X, after I dropped it recently I can't help thinking that if I had a protector fitted I might not have that big spider shaped crack in my screen now :(

Mostly Harmless said:
I regret not fitting one to my 2X, after I dropped it recently I can't help thinking that if I had a protector fitted I might not have that big spider shaped crack in my screen now :(
That wouldn't have protected your screen.

Look at my guide if it helps to replace the screen:

link

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided against a screen protector so I can have full brightness and clarity. I do use a carry case though.

I think a screen protector is important if you don't use a carry case.

Back