Custom (cheap) Screen Protector

I already made a glass one for mine. I didn't even bother putting that plastic one on that came with it. That was kind of nice that it wasn't attached as I didn't even need to pry the plastic one off to put the glass one on.

Making the black border was a pain to do though. It was much easier on the GP32 where you had that frame .

DaveC posted on Apr 14 2006 at 11:05 PM said:
I already made a glass one for mine. I didn't even bother putting that plastic one on that came with it. That was kind of nice that it wasn't attached as I didn't even need to pry the plastic one off to put the glass one on.
Well you're just a regular ol' craftsman aren't you? Will you be selling these glass dealies as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Apr 14 2006 at 08:50 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Apr 14 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
For the record, my screen LENS has remained mostly scratch free just sitting in my pocket everyday... although it did get some rather ugly scrapes from pressure you can only see when the machine is off and it is closely examined. The ease of transportation without a case is well worth replacing the lens with a new 4 or 5 dollar replacement every 6 months or so for me.
WTF is a screen lens? Is the gp2x a camera now? :blink: Screen -> Screen Protector -> Crappy flimsy plastic sheet (which doesn't protect anything).

It's the typical name for these plastic pieces over LCDs on other consoles, most notably the GBA and Game Gear. I just don't think it should be called a Screen Protector because then there are 2 things people call a screen protector and you need to elaborate as:

"The screen protector that's the plastic thing you put over the screen when you get it not the thin plastic layer you pull off that's scratched", which is so damn drawn out and incoherent you might as well not have a term for what you are talking about.

I hadn't used anything over the one that came with it, but I was EXTREMELY careful when handling the unit at all times. I bought some PDA screen protectors recently to supplement in case the family discovers it and thinks it is some kind of TV remote.

AireTamStorm posted on Apr 15 2006 at 06:27 PM said:
I hadn't used anything over the one that came with it, but I was EXTREMELY careful when handling the unit at all times. I bought some PDA screen protectors recently to supplement in case the family discovers it and thinks it is some kind of TV remote.

... they must be used to some fancy remotes.
TSI6400.jpg

Laffo.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a pack of 2 PSP protectors for $8. A quick snip with scissors and it fits perfect and is clear as glass.

Brian

I did that, but no matter how carefully I tried it had at least two small air bubbles.

It's a pity TDK don't seem to sell blank scratchproof panels, or sell their polymer for user-application. From what I gather, if you had that coating on your screen you wouldn't need to worry, ever.

Back