Is the Pandora avaible for a favorable price for chrismas?

I think that an annual cut of 20-50 US$ it would be fine,I must be honest, its a great emulation machine and also a decent one to compete with commercial tablets.

Probably I prefer a newer GPU or a Double or Quad Core Processor to still justify the high price.

To all:

I noticed that my interests is very different from yours.

First of all: I have nothing to do with Linux. I love Windows!(Hehe.(I said it.)
I just wanted the price of the Pandora to be low because of my selfishness.

I can't afford the money. But i never compare this device to sony, nintendo or whatever.

I already know why the price is being so high. I never signed up because i have no pandora.

Now I don't think i will buy on. I think a 3DS XL will do fine.

But i will read all the threads.

So read ya!

I'd recommend a 3DS over a 3DS-XL, the resolution is very low anyway and bigger screens make the pixel density worse and shorten the battery life.

Pandora has a higher resolution and over all better 3D graphics, if you ask me.

My 3DS-XL is collecting dust for a while now but I will start with "Zelda-Spirit Tracks" or one of the other Castlevanias besides Dawn of Sorrow after finishing Grandia,

although they also would run on Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
heh... are you trying to explain to me why the price is the way it is? If so, I believe I made it clear I'm in complete understanding of the current state of affairs and why things are the way they are. And like yourself own a pandora myself. My post was pointing out that regardless of those additional factors it doesn't change the perceived value to a large portion of the potential market of people that would have a use for one of these.

it's not just one or two device manufacturers out there though, it's EVERY device manufacturer that makes similar sized devices that have similar functions at similar or better speeds for cheaper that help make the determination of value for the consumer. Is it wrong for people to use those individual points of reference in determining value?? Even if most (including myself) feel those points of reference are slightly off because they don't hit EVERY SINGLE POINT ABSOLUTELY EXACTLY. As a sum of it's parts, I'm still in firm belief that $300-400 is the actual "value" regardless of what is being charged and paid for it time and time again.

SNIIP
Perceived value would matter if ED weren't already selling all the units he could manufacture. Now, if he were only selling 90% of the ones that he could manufacture, then there might be some reason to change the price.
The point that you seemed to have missed is that the perception of value to people that aren't buying Pandies, only matters when there's a surplus in the supply. Since he's selling all the units that he's producing without any trouble, the perception of value to people who don't buy is largely meaningless.

Hence my expression of sympathy at the end.

I too would love to see these units go for half of what they're going for. It would allow for a much larger ecosystem, but ED is already producing them just as quickly as he can.

To all:

I noticed that my interests is very different from yours.

First of all: I have nothing to do with Linux. I love Windows!(Hehe.(I said it.)

I just wanted the price of the Pandora to be low because of my selfishness.

I can't afford the money. But i never compare this device to sony, nintendo or whatever.

I already know why the price is being so high. I never signed up because i have no pandora.

Now I don't think i will buy on. I think a 3DS XL will do fine.

But i will read all the threads.

So read ya!
If all you want to do is play games, then a dedicated machine would be the best bet. However, one thing that the Pandora gets you is flexibility. I'm using mine for all sorts of things that I wouldn't have expected myself to use it for.

And everybody wants a lower price, but as long as ED has plenty of people that are willing to pay somewhat more than the cost of production, there's no reason to lower it. Plus, I don't think he's making as much on it as people would expect.

And everybody wants a lower price, but as long as ED has plenty of people that are willing to pay somewhat more than the cost of production, there's no reason to lower it. Plus, I don't think he's making as much on it as people would expect.
I'm sure, that he has not earned a single cent with the OpenPandora but just pays off the investors and maybe gathers money for the development of the successor (if possible)

in addition to the money he uses to help Craigs old customers (which is a lot),

although nobody here would mind letting him earn something for his massive troubles, even if his other job provides enough for him to live.

I'm sure, that he has not earned a single cent with the OpenPandora but just pays off the investors and maybe gathers money for the development of the successor (if possible)

in addition to the money he uses to help Craigs old customers (which is a lot),

although nobody here would mind letting him earn something for his massive troubles, even if his other job provides enough for him to live.
I should probably have said, some people expect. Anybody that has been following the project for the last few years should know better. It wouldn't surprise me if he's effectively not making any money on it at the present.

Well, right now I've got the problem that the Pandoras sell faster than I can get them... and that's not just upgrades from Craigs orders.

So the price can't be that bad ;)
NiICE. Does it mean that there is a hope,  to get Pandora in ... 2 months ... for us few hundreds that made preorders at Craigs?

Seriously, are you still sending those 1/4 Pandoras? Or... is there any chance to upgrade for... e.g. just 150€ soon?

When will be our status publicly visible??? It is just a few hundreds of us and ...it last forever! It is the worst PR that *any* project can get.

Back