[Academic] Emulate Open GL 3 or 4

rohezal

Advanced Member
Hi need to render with Open GL 3 or 4 some images (not realtime, one image per second or less is enough) for university study. Code stuff and look if it works. Can the Pandora handle open gl 3 in software (doesnt matter how low)?

EDIT: google said yes, mesa does. Mesa is avaible for the Pandora right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi need to render with Open GL 3 or 4 some images (not realtime, one image per second or less is enough) for university study. Code stuff and look if it works. Can the Pandora handle open gl 3 in software (doesnt matter how low)?

EDIT: google said yes, mesa does. Mesa is avaible for the Pandora right?
Pandora only supports ES 2.0 with hardware. Mesa would support parts of it through software, but are they up to full spec with 3 and 4?

Do you really need 3/4 features?

Yes I will have to do 8-9 nine hour trains ride, and I must code open gl 3 code for my university course. Since I can only afford the cheapest ticket class and have to change often the train I want to use the Pandora for coding on the train for university. Not much though maybe 200-300 loc.

Not to downplay the Pandora but you'd be much more productive coding on a device with a larger keyboard (and faster processor), as well as having some chance of having OGL 3. I'd recommend a $200 Acer Chromebook if it didn't have such poor battery life..

I have an old 15" notebook, I can take with me. But the trains are very full and I won't get a seat with a table. And the laptop has 90 minutes battery lifetime, even with a replacement battery. I will use it, when possible, but I think the Pandora can be used, when the laptop fails (during short waiting periods at train station, a overfilled train without seats, etc).

Wow!  8-9 hours on the train with no seat?
There are seats, but if there are too many people in the train, you wont get one. You have to sit on stair or floor, and if a lot of people around you, it is hard to work with a big laptop.

But too answer the topic: I think mesa will support opengl 3 and 4 in software, which is very slow, but ok, for academic study use.

Back