Is it worth to buy a Pandora?

• Thread starter SmityWerbenJaggermanJensen
  • Start date

On my CC Pandora, i can do:

A lot DS Games, (expect the 3D Titles like GTA Chinatown, but for they, i have a 3DSXL), A lot RPGS, and Musik Games, and the old Mario Games like 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros,

PSX Games,

Some N64 , GBA, SNES, GB GBC,

Wolfenstein Return To, Jedi Knight 2 and 3, Quake 2 and 3,

Scumvm (Day of the Tentakle)..

I dont miss everything,  ok, Internet Browsing isnt that good whit the 256 mb Ram, but if dont have much expekt, you can have a lot fun even whit the lamest Pandora..

It wasnt planed in the Begining, that the Pandora can emulate DS or N64, so im happy whit it..

And for me, the Pandora istnt that Divicult to use, its a bit like a Desctop PC, but whit Diverrent Iconts, and in English, but if you can drag and drop, the PND System makes a lot things easear..

This isnt a Gameboy where you only needs to put your cadridge in and pull the Power Trigger, but if you can Use a PC, it should bee a big Problem,,

Im Waiting for the Pandora 2, now..

For Android, i ditnt like the Pandora Touchscreen, but for DS Emulation, its pretty good..,

but yes, today i would buy a Rebirt Pandora, just for the "Made in Germany" Board from Global Components ..

The Pandora is a nice Produkt, which ditnt fits everybody.. , thats the Dificult in the Pandora Marketing..

What i try to say is: For Android: it works, but every Android Phone is because the Multitouch Display much better, but for the Things, the Pandora is made for, even the CC Works for mee

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I personally have no interest in running any Android games on my Pandora.

Honestly I haven't tried DraStic or PPSSPP because I intend to run those on either my Android phone or tablet. But I guess if the only device you have is the Pandora, then every ounce of extra processing power will make a difference for those two emulators.

I haven't tried the latest ports yet, but I can see myself wishing for the 1ghz when I do get around to trying them...

Roughly how noticeable will the speed difference be between a CC overclocked to 1ghz and a 1ghz overclocked to 1.2ghz for the latest ports?

Usally: I run DS Games on my 3DSXL, i ditnt need to Run a DS Emulator on my Android Phone (also the Controlls are nothing for me Touchscreen Only..)..

If i have a long waiting time, and i ditnt have my Pandora by me, i run some Gameboy Games on my Phone, this works whit the Touchscreen, yes, but on the Pandora, this is way better..

But if i only have the Pandora whit me, and not the 3DSXL, its nice to have DS Games on it..

Roughly how noticeable will the speed difference be between a CC overclocked to 1ghz and a 1ghz overclocked to 1.2ghz for the latest ports?
Significant anyway. At the same frequency the 1 Ghz is probably 30%-40% faster because it has faster RAM and GPU frequencies as well. But it depends on the application, obviously. So, you get a lot of additional punch with the 1Ghz.  

Honestly I haven't tried DraStic or PPSSPP because I intend to run those on either my Android phone or tablet. But I guess if the only device you have is the Pandora, then every ounce of extra processing power will make a difference for those two emulators.
I have a smartphone which is more powerful than the Pandora but I will never ever consider it for serious gaming since it lacks physical controls. And I especially don't want to put my hands on the screen, which prevents me from seeing half of what's happening. Touch screens are stupid for gaming. 

I have a smartphone which is more powerful than the Pandora but I will never ever consider it for serious gaming since it lacks physical controls. And I especially don't want to put my hands on the screen, which prevents me from seeing half of what's happening. Touch screens are stupid for gaming.
Well... I'm still waiting for my ICP2 to arrive...

Perhaps I'm delusional thinking it'll magically appear one day, but I'm too busy to do any gaming until January anyway... My cut off point waiting for my ICP2 is April 2014, before I throw a frothy, break down and buy an alternative controller.

But honestly, DraStic on my Note 8.0 in portrait mode is surprisingly good, even with onscreen controls.

Rebith-Edition has more (and faster) RAM and faster GPU too.
As far as I know this is not correct. Both have a 110 mhz gpu / ram (set 330 mhz / 3 (divider).) The Ghz unit has 200 mhz ram gpu / ram (400 mhz / 2 (divider)).

Hmm...

I just want the 1Ghz. I'm not very interested in Retro Gaming.

And N64 EMulator must be faster in the Ghz Version as the Classic one. So i've already made a decision.

I want to play:

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda Majoras Mask

Donkey Kong 64

Super Mario Star Road

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy 8

Final Fantasy 9

Kingdom Hearts (Whatever it calls) for DS

A Music Program

And it should be able to run all important video formats

These are my only wishes and it seems that the Pandora could do this well.And even better on a Ghz. That's why.

But if i have a Pandora i'll will try to play all these Retro Games. Perhaps. :)

just get your self a phone with snapdragon 800 ( like this one http://www.ibuygou.com/p-pre_order_original_xiaomi_mi3_smart_phone_snapdragon_800_quad_core_android_4_2_5_inch_2_3ghz_2gb_ram_64gb_rom_13_0mp-5519-usd.html  ) and MOGA Pro. You will top everything in performance, productivity, and common sense ( Pandoras, Shields, and so on...)  :)
Except that you don't get physical controls, you don't get Linux, you don't get 10 hours battery life, you don't get superb audio quality, you don't get the awesome community and you don't get to learn anything. Fuck Android crap.

A Music Program And it should be able to run all important video formats These are my only wishes and it seems that the Pandora could do this well.And even better on a Ghz. That's why. But if i have a Pandora i'll will try to play all these Retro Games. Perhaps. :)
For the video formats it will run pretty much everything but a word of warning, currently the Pandora will not support HD videos (720p or higher is too much for the CPU). But anything up to the resolution of the screen (800 * 480) is usually fine.

the Pandora will not support HD videos (720p or higher is too much for the CPU)
It's the h264 codec that's the problem. xvid/divx videos will work just fine, although that's a moot point since the vast majority of HD videos are encoded with h264.If someone wants to write a h264 decoder for the DSP that problem would disappear :p

I want to play:

Zelda Ocarina of Time | works on ghz, maybe a bit slow

Zelda Majoras Mask | very slow, i dont think you will enjoy it

Donkey Kong 64 | this works on no emulator on any system correct (including psp, pc, etc). you can play it but you can work through walls.

Super Mario Star Road | works

Metal Gear Solid | works

Final Fantasy 8 | works

Final Fantasy 9 | works

Kingdom Hearts (Whatever it calls) | for DS will probably work without a problem

I am not sure, if you know what you are buying. This is not a normal console like a nintendo ds or a ps vita. This is a full laptop, with all the stuff a normal laptop can do (office, icq, facebook, ripping audio cds). It can also emulate games very very good with a good buildin gamepad. For only gaming a shield is probably more what you need (but it is bigger and harder to carry).

just get your self a phone with snapdragon 800 ( like this one http://www.ibuygou.com/p-pre_order_original_xiaomi_mi3_smart_phone_snapdragon_800_quad_core_android_4_2_5_inch_2_3ghz_2gb_ram_64gb_rom_13_0mp-5519-usd.html ) and MOGA Pro. You will top everything in performance, productivity, and common sense ( Pandoras, Shields, and so on...) :)
Except that you don't get physical controls, you don't get Linux, you don't get 10 hours battery life, you don't get superb audio quality, you don't get the awesome community and you don't get to learn anything. Fuck Android crap.
try to beat the battery life or of the note 3 (or Mi3)+ MOGA pro with your pandora. free tip: check what moga pro is. It is not 2009 anymore there are so many other options for 500 euro, and all of them are bether than pandora.

Ps i hate android too,

Back