Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Not bothered...

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • RED BARON

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • My order number is >1000 :(

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

What a strange couple of years it's been. Almost surreal really. Hanging out with you guys, follwing all the drama and the tears, the highs and the lows... it's been an experience!

It feels like I've become a more patient person from all this, more stoic.

As I type, the first Pandora customer has his machine. It never felt like the day would actually come. Is it really happening? It feels like waking up from a weird and vivid dream.

Given the option, would you have chosen the usual consumer experience, or the adventure and soap opera that we actually ended up with? Do you think it bonded the community more or weakened it?

I joined a bit late on the Panda-OMGIWANT-Bandwagon =P

Though as long as ive been here ( sometime last year ) ive enjoyed ritualistically checking this site for updates. the community i don't think is going anywhere as a whole though.

Im sure we'll have tons of posts, people asking things devs working on projects once the panda gets released to us masses.

Its only looking up from here <optimism>

Yeah, I would do it all again, but lets not jump the gun. This vote thread is really only good for those who are in the first 1000. The remaining 3000 still has not happened, and right now there is no word on when they might get done. There could be alot to go wrong before they see the light of day.

Chris

jumpman said:
Yeah, I would do it all again, but lets not jump the gun. This vote thread is really only good for those who are in the first 1000. The remaining 3000 still has not happened, and right now there is no word on when they might get done. There could be alot to go wrong before they see the light of day.

Chris

Ah yeah, sorry. I'm in the first 1000, I forget that some people aren't.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:

Chris

The fact that we've proven those VTs wrong is good enough for me.

SomeGuy99 said:
jumpman said:

Chris

Ah yeah, sorry. I'm in the first 1000, I forget that some people aren't.
:(
Yeah, I'm also in the 1000, but until mine shows up, MURPHY is still out there waiting to bring gloom and doom! :p But I do agree, this is just the beggining!

Chris

SONY said:
The fact that we've proven those VTs wrong is good enough for me.

AMEN to that brother!

It's finally nice to tell my wife, "See there first ones are being made, it's just a matter of time now for mine."
She after all, like most normal people who have no idea just how difficult it would be for any of us to do this any better ourselves, thought it would never arrive and our money was gone, no matter how many times I reminded her a refund was possible.

Today she had to agree with me when I asked her today, "Let's get real dear, would I have had any better luck trying to talk to a Chinese manufacturer to get cases made?"

Considering for just a moment all that had to be done by people who never did it before, and all the troubles that have occurred during this project, successfully completing and shipping these little buggers is a serious accomplishment that the team should be extremely proud of. The only way one could fault them is if they learned nothing and continued to have the delays consistently. While I am sure they will still encounter a bump here and there, I don't see anything like this ever happening again after all they have learned and success will solely depend on how well the device and it's community perform. Once all 4000 ship and batch 2 is out the door, I think the community as a whole will look back at this more of a badge of dedication for hanging in there during what is in no way a small feat of trials and determination.

I guess I still want it... but I still shit bricks when I hear about people enjoying the ride I couldn't think of anything more tedious, especially when your investing in a pending console made by a small company.
I think the main reason I decided to hold on is because being a retro gamer like myself I couldn't resist. Plus they have my money and I'd prefer not to have to pay for the money transfer again.

Common banjo kazooie, zelda 64, quake, doom etc on the go!

Orion4874 said:
Alerino said:
No, in fact it's the beginning.

Well said!
Wins ton Churchill said:
Now, however, we have a new experience - we have victory. A remarkable and definite victory....has warmed and cheered all our hearts.

Now, this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

lxJTP.jpg

Wtf means red baron...
I expect a delay of about 2-4 weeks soon, because i dont expect the 2 factorys to ship all the remaining parts immediatly. The pandora "chapter1: creating & shipping" aint over yet.

Its hard to believe the wait and anticipation is almost over .. almost .. just a few more days to go! :)

I find myself a bit nervous now about getting software out there for it .. hope it works out.

I'm reminded of the end to Link's Awakening somehow. When I get that Pandora in hand, credits will start rolling down my vision like The Terminator.

In that vid, I guess the Chinese factory would be the end boss?

Back