Is Everything On Track For Early April Production?

Hey .. :)

I wish you weren't pimping the USB-based solution to the WLAN so much, EvilDragon .. some of us are depending on the availability of that USB Host port for other things (MIDI, Audio, Powermate controllers, etc.)

:p

Lets get the built-in WLAN fixed. Good for OP Inc., that its got a solution for WLAN for the time being, but really .. we gotta fix the built-in WLAN.

torpor said:
Lets get the built-in WLAN fixed. Good for OP Inc., that its got a solution for WLAN for the time being, but really .. we gotta fix the built-in WLAN.

Yes, you can be sure that's what we want.
But until that's been done, I'm happy that our temporary solution did work out so well in such small time :)

Last edited:
Hey guys/gals, where does everything stand as of today? I've been busy the last 1-2weeks, so I've seen a little of this and that, but where does assembly stand right now? Is everything on it's way to Craigs? Or has this WiFi issue delayed things for an extended period?

So I guess I'm just looking for the new Assembly start date, if there is one! Thanks!

Chris

Michael told the company to ship all the produced boards ASAP to UK.
I don't know if today and Monday are holidays in USA, here in Germany, they are, so shipping will probably happen on Tuesday.

Same goes for the Chinese: After we (and you) saw the last cases, Fatih told them to start to produce that 1000 and ship them as soon as possible.

So we want to start assembly as soon as possible and continue to find out what's wrong with WiFi.
In the meantime, you can get a stick (like I shown in the video) which does work fine and even seems to need less power than the internal module.

So you can do everything as planned, but for the moment you need to stick a small stick in.

EvilDragon said:
I don't know if today and Monday are holidays in USA, here in Germany, they are, so shipping will probably happen on Tuesday.

Same goes for the Chinese: After we (and you) saw the last cases, Fatih told them to start to produce that 1000 and ship them as soon as possible.

So we want to start assembly as soon as possible and continue to find out what's wrong with WiFi.
In the meantime, you can get a stick (like I shown in the video) which does work fine and even seems to need less power than the internal module.

So you can do everything as planned, but for the moment you need to stick a small stick in.
Thanks Ed, actually here in the states sunday is the only recognized holiday(easter). Today is a normal business day, as is monday.

So I'm guessing the boards should arrive fairly soon, but has there been any updates from China in regards to when they may or may not ship, or have they actual sent the cases out already?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
I don't know if today and Monday are holidays in USA.
Generally, they are not. I am (should be) working right now :)

You're right ED it's great that the temporary solution is working out of the box, and performing really well. Is it still the plan to only build these 1000 and the other 3000 _have_ to wait on an internal wifi fix before they'll be built and shipped?

Interesting, do we know how many boards are going to be in the first shipment. I am surprised you are telling the Chinese company to NOW make 1000 cases. Didnt we give them the green light BEFORE the chinese new year. What the hell have then been doing. Sorry if this was already answered but its hard to keep up on everything

It's possible that some companies have a half day or short workday so hopefully the factory got them out already. The reputable shipping companies may not have a half day but you can bet the workers are going to do everything they can to blow through their work if it means possibly getting out even just an hour early.

EvilDragon said:

Do you order the other 3000 as soon the first 1000 arrived and are approved?

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with updates. Got back from PAX and was flooded with work. Where can I find an updated timetable? When is the first completed Pandora scheduled to be shipped out?

When is the first completed Pandora scheduled to be shipped out?
Da Dude said:
Should be this month i think

this time, have we a hope that nothin will delay the announced date?
how things are going?

Back