Interview With Marios Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so you played every single DS game and therefore objectively conclude that all but seven suck under all circumstances? Trauma Center surely had no succes and neither any fans - and Atlus is so stupid, there'll be another one for the WII! Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney really sucked, too. Trace Memory is just stupid, so is Advance Wars - Dual Strike and Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow. Resident Evil never had a following, so the one on the DS surely does not either. That's just what they do: Make video games nobody wants. I'm not sure why, but there's surely a good reason.

Mosch posted on Aug 23 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
...so you played every single DS game and therefore objectively conclude that all but seven suck under all circumstances? Trauma Center surely had no succes and neither any fans - and Atlus is so stupid, there'll be another one for the WII! Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney really sucked, too. Trace Memory is just stupid, so is Advance Wars - Dual Strike and Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow. Resident Evil never had a following, so the one on the DS surely does not either. That's just what they do: Make video games nobody wants. I'm not sure why, but there's surely a good reason.
I couldn't d buy Trauma Centre, Phoenix Wright, Trace MEmory, I don't like TBS, and Resident evil doesn't work right on my er... DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude! Electro Plankton is one of the greates games for the DS. I got a DS just to play that game and imported it directly from Japan! Anyway... sucky corporations like Nintendo and Sony being arrogant about their shit is why emulation is cool. It doesn't only make you able to play the good old games on any system, it's also a kick in the ass for all those pricks...

nickspoon posted on Aug 23 2006 at 10:29 AM said:
At least the DS has more than racing games, crappy sequels, and crappy sequels to racing games.
Im getting sick of touching the screen like a fucking moron on speed. I Don't want to make wario lift the block, and I dont want to create music that isnt even good. Hell, im sick and tired of racing karts with mario and friends in them. How about a real racing game? Oh yeah: PSP has those ;)

good games on ds:

Castlevania
new super mario bros
zelda (when released)

and i'm sick of all the puzzle games, i'm sick of all the party games and the sequals to the puzzle and party games. i'm sick of all the rehashed mario games on the PSP, oh wait...thats the DS.

But seriously, were getting off track, instead of having another flame war about the PSP and DS can we just stick to the topic at hand about how much of a douche bag miyamoto is.

FLAME ON!!!

hey i'm reading it as its written, but proving my point, if it was Sony or Microsoft, people would be up in arms, but someone from Nintendo says things like this and "it must be a bad translation" "i'm sure he didn't mean to say that" c'mon. I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, everybody here knows how blown out of proportion it would've got had Sony or Microsoft said such things, but Nintendo can do no wrong, as Miyamoto has already stated.

EDIT: almost forgot....FLAME ON!!!
flame.jpg

Angel posted on Aug 23 2006 at 11:14 AM said:
hey i'm reading it as its written, but proving my point, if it was Sony or Microsoft, people would be up in arms, but someone from Nintendo says things like this and "it must be a bad translation" "i'm sure he didn't mean to say that" c'mon. I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, everybody here knows how blown out of proportion it would've got had Sony or Microsoft said such things, but Nintendo can do no wrong, as Miyamoto has already stated.

EDIT: almost forgot....FLAME ON!!! *big ass image*

[sic]site

I'm pretty sure it's either bad english or a bad translation... Trust me, I'd know for sure =\

I'll probably be back to being a DS fanboy again next week, but the PSP lineup has improved a lot since all you could get was crap racers and puzzlers.
Also, the DS Sims 2 is suprisingly good. I suggest you try it.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 23 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Aug 23 2006 at 10:29 AM said:
At least the DS has more than racing games, crappy sequels, and crappy sequels to racing games.
Im getting sick of touching the screen like a fucking moron on speed.
I Don't want to make wario lift the block, and I dont want to create music that isnt even good. Hell, im sick and tired of racing karts with mario and friends in them. How about a real racing game? Oh yeah: PSP has those ;)

good games on ds:

Castlevania
new super mario bros
zelda (when released)
you are absolutely ridiculous.

There have been 5 Mario Karts released ever as afaik. And thats in 13 years and 5 platforms. Hardly too many sequels. If you are sick of the games, its probably because you have played them too much because they are so good.
Not liking Mario Kart because it has Mario and friends in it is like not liking a football game because it has the same teams in every year.
Mario Kart is not about the characters, but rather the intensity and fun of the gameplay, the variety of play (ie-racing and fighting), the unpredictability, and the track design. Its just like any other racing game but superior in the fun stakes. If you cant see past Mario then you are losing out.

And that list of good DS games is a complete joke.

also,
Im getting sick of touching the screen like a fucking moron on speed.
is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. If I said,
I am sick of pushing buttons like a moron on speed
would that be a valid criticism of the PSP?

Absolutely not, considering no psp games include tapping at a screen/button repeatedly to make something happen (ie: wario lift a block, pull out teeth, etc). When I see someone in the distance with their neck craned stabbing at the touch screen with a stylus, I laugh to myself. It looks like they're having a seizure ;). And if you intend to respond to this with "They're having fun and don't care what they look like", let me stop you there: I dont think those games are fun, I think they're babyish. But that's just me :)

In regards to mario kart:

The snes version, which I personally own, is the best. Nothing can touch it, no matter what. I dont care about different versions on different platforms, nothing will ever be as good as the snes version...although the n64 one did come close.

It has absolutely nothing to do with mario, Im just sick of racing karts with him and his friends in them. It's tiresome at this point. I enjoy playing real racing games, adding hydrolics and nitro to ferraris and lambourghinis. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition is much more exciting to me. It's more realistic, and adds to the mood of the game.

As for MK being superior in fun to other racing games, I have to disagree :)

I enjoy playing real racing games, adding hydrolics and nitro to ferraris and lambourghinis.
So if EA over-whores a concept that makes it real. And fun. :(

- Alex

I do not like EA but what are they to do with sports games? They have to release new ones every year for team changes, rules changes, etc etc. But your absolutely right when it comes to their other franchises.

As for mario kart, i love mario kart, next to smash brothers, its the best Nintendo franchise. But Mario kart on the DS is boring. I bought it the day it came out and waited 15 minutes at a time for wifi matches to start and loved every minute of it and for about a week i loved it, but then it got repetative, and then it got boring. There's absolutely no options and you can only take so much of winning a match only to get screwed over by a spike shell at the end before you want to throw your DS out the window.

Nintendo did not do a good Job with wifi, the PSP has done an extremely good job with wifi compatible games, play Socom or hell, play the launch game Twisted Metal to see what Mario Kart should've been, plenty of options, game styles, etc.. to keep you occupied for a long time. mario kart on the DS does not provide this. Don't get me wrong, its still a good game, but it's not a great game.

Angel posted on Aug 23 2006 at 03:54 PM said:
FLAME ON!!!
SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Now I've said that, I'd like to point out a few things, that are mostly unrelated to each other, but I can't be bothered to form sentences and paragraphs linking in all my thoughts on this topic. Blah.

- The industry is stale. I walk into Game today, I see Generic Racing Game #4, Generic FPS #7, Generic Sports Game 2006. Oh, yay. I walk out.
- Nintendo games and consoles have much more innovation than *most* other games and consoles (I say most because Katamari is crazeh). Anyone who can't see that is silly.
- I don't give a fuck what I look like to other people. It doesn't bother me. I can tap a screen to play games. It's enjoyable, it's new. Heck, I walked around town today wearing an eyepatch. Why? Because I wanted to :p
- People here say they want "real" games. Games were never meant to be real. I play a large number of games for older systems. There are lots of excellent games. Most of these are nothing like real life. If you want to do real things, go outside for fuck's sake.

</rant>

I'm done now, you can ignore me if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back