Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
interesting read, very interesting.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156175.html

Has this guy worked for Nintendo in the last 10 years???

"A few years ago, people were saying that Nintendo had slipped off top place. But actually the game market itself had lost touch with the real world;"

So it's everybody elses' fault that the Cube came in 3rd?

""Of course we're not rejecting current games, but an increasing number of people don't want to play games because they're hard,"

Boo fuckity hoo. Thats part of the challenge, but i'm sorry, not everybody wants to play games that a 5 year old can complete either.

"We have always done what we think is right," he said. "We're often told that the world doesn't work based on 'what's right' alone, and this is certainly true. Nonetheless, Nintendo has always seriously and steadily done the right thing"

RRREEAALLYYY, so the Virtual Boy was right? The Nintendo 64 being cartrige based was right? The Nintendo DD was right? Running your mouth about how you don't need 3rd party support was right?

This is what iritates me about Nintendo, more so than Sony and Microsoft, they are very arrogant. Went from a nice interview to a steaming pile of crap. Nintendo's shit don't stink, i'm sorry but you guys are no different than anybody else, you've made some mistakes as well.

FLAME ON!
59691324_human_torch_1.jpg

man, fuck miyamoto. He screwed me and psymastr out of a signature last year after waiting on line for 6 hours. The people that were there were REAL ninty fans, some even had sketched portraits of the man. He didnt have the decency to at least cut the line off at a certain point instead of giving us false hope and wasting our days?

Piece of shit.

Im sick and tired of their shitty catch phrases, fucking reggie "im all about the game blah blah blah". They only care about making money just like every corporation does.

They've always had an egocentric attitude like their shit dont stink and they care about the individual. BS. Not even talking about myself (I just wanted the signature from the man), but some people there loved him, even looked up to him. He spat in their faces.

Something I'll never forget :angry:

i almost forgot this quote

""It's nonthreatening," Miyamoto said of the system. "Our larger theme was to make something that wouldn't intimidate women and nongamers when we showed it to them."

not intimidate women??? it looks like a fricking dildo, thats either going to intimidate or arouse them...wait..that could be a good thing.

FLAME ON.

*Loubear bites the bullet and in classic alliance-noob-running-into-ogrimmar fashion*

LONG LIVE NINTENDO! SONY SUCKS!

:lol:

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 22 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
They only care about making money just like every corporation does.
You can't blame them for attempting to make you think differently, just like every corporation does.

Anyway, Nintendo games rule. To me, they capture what gaming's all about - fun. Not blowing shit up or neverending sequels. But I have a PS2 and a Dreamcast, and I play games for both. I don't care where the games come from, as long as I enjoy them.

Anyway, yeah, flame something and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
There must be something wrong with me. I got to level 8-3 on SMB 1 in Super Mario Allstars (SquidgeSNES :D), then got bored. Shortly afterwards, I got addicted to SuperTux and beat it. :blink:

Angel posted on Aug 22 2006 at 08:42 PM said:
""Of course we're not rejecting current games, but an increasing number of people don't want to play games because they're hard,"

Boo fuckity hoo. Thats part of the challenge, but i'm sorry, not everybody wants to play games that a 5 year old can complete either.

The reverse is true... so quit whining! I like a nice mixture of both, depending on my mood. I like some of the new generation of games which are supposed to be to attract the "untapped market of current non-gamers" but at the same time, I have been a gamer since I was 2 I guess... so that's like 20 years of games I have played, so naturally I like a varied selection of the genres from within this timespan (except sports games... ick!).

So Miyamoto is speaking somewhat arrogantly... so what? *shrug* sometimes things do go to your head and you say something you could have better phrased to sound more modest... not to mention that the interviews replies from Miyamoto were probably originally in Japanese...

And about not getting a signiture... that's probably event organiser's faults more than the man himself... Christ the fact that you were in the same building as Miyamoto is something in itself... there are many who won't even have that opportunity...

That being said... this thread is all flame-bait, so flame on... (And stop whining...)

good discussion.

Sorry, Poke, but as he sounds arrogant, he's also on the boarder line of dellusional. Like i said, has he worked for Nintendo in the last 10 years?

But yes, Sony has spouted off as of late on how great they think the PS3 will be. I don't agree with it one bit. They've spouted that the PS3 will have 60% share of the market like the PS2 has now. Thats complete BS.

But now you have Microsoft, that is like the shy kid in the back of the classroom, not really saying to much, just letting Nintendo and Sony duke it out.

The funniest thing is though, if Microsoft or Sony were to make comments like this guy made, it would be blasphemy(Spelling?) and omg, i just shudder to think of the comments people would be making, but when Nintendo says these things, they're praised and Nintendo is the savior of the game industry, the company that hasn't been the leader in the market since the days of the SNES. And thats my main point. The gaming industry is becoming worse than politics.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 22 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
man, fuck miyamoto. He screwed me and psymastr out of a signature last year after waiting on line for 6 hours. The people that were there were REAL ninty fans, some even had sketched portraits of the man. He didnt have the decency to at least cut the line off at a certain point instead of giving us false hope and wasting our days?

Piece of shit.

Im sick and tired of their shitty catch phrases, fucking reggie "im all about the game blah blah blah". They only care about making money just like every corporation does.

They've always had an egocentric attitude like their shit dont stink and they care about the individual. BS. Not even talking about myself (I just wanted the signature from the man), but some people there loved him, even looked up to him. He spat in their faces.

Something I'll never forget :angry:

Nerd it down.

EDIT: sorry, i should elaborate. What I meant is; Dont be such a damn baby about not getting a piece of writing from some guy who makes computer games.

The only thing I hate about Nintendo (apart from the fact they don't have FF) is that their games are overpriced and they seem to have little idea what price cuts are (particularly on the ds). And it can't be the DS's cartridge medium, since Nintendo reckon it's dirt cheap. I saw Fired Up on PSP for £5.99 the other day in WHSmith, and some others cheap as well. I mean, I don't really like the psp that much, but at least Sony can do pricing for their games at least. It's okay for Nintendo to have a cheap console, but they need cheap games to go with it. No casual gamer is going to want to pay £30-£35 for every game they buy.

Goity posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:00 PM said:
I mean, I don't really like the psp that much, but at least Sony can do pricing for their games at least. It's okay for Nintendo to have a cheap console, but they need cheap games to go with it. No casual gamer is going to want to pay £30-£35 for every game they buy.

its a good point. i know more people with a DS then the PSP, but the DS gamers own less games for their console then the PSP gamers.

meltbanana posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:05 PM said:
I mean, I don't really like the psp that much, but at least Sony can do pricing for their games at least. It's okay for Nintendo to have a cheap console, but they need cheap games to go with it. No casual gamer is going to want to pay £30-£35 for every game they buy.

its a good point. i know more people with a DS then the PSP, but the DS gamers own less games for their console then the PSP gamers.
I also can't help noticing most DS games seem to be cheap cashins coded in 30 seconds. Take Electroplankton for a few seconds. Wtf is this? It just creates monotonous music from these badly drawn fish. It's barely even interactive and must have been made in some coders lunch hour.

Goity posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:11 PM said:
I also can't help noticing most DS games seem to be cheap cashins coded in 30 seconds. Take Electroplankton for a few seconds. Wtf is this? It just creates monotonous music from these badly drawn fish. It's barely even interactive and must have been made in some coders lunch hour.
You've taken a single (actually quite enjoyable) game from a much larger library. Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Warioware Touched, all very well-made and polished affairs. Thankyou Mr. Bias.

meltbanana posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:05 PM said:

So what?

Then dont buy that game. Simple.

nickspoon posted on Aug 23 2006 at 01:31 PM said:
You've taken a single (actually quite enjoyable) game from a much larger library. Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Warioware Touched, all very well-made and polished affairs. Thankyou Mr. Bias.
Wario ware? Worst £30 I ever spent. Sure, it's a good game, but you can complete it fully in a couple of hours. I'll give you Mario Kart, it's excellent. I haven't played much of Animal Crossing yet, but it seems fairly fun. However, there are only about 7 good games, the rest are all crap, and not worth their money. Every PSP game I've owned has had decent longevity (apart from Ape Academy, which may have had longevity, but the load times were a plague).

Good DS games:

Mario and Luigi: Partners In Time
Super Mario 64
Kim Possible Kimmunicator
The Sims 2
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World
New Super Mario Bros

But for these, there are dozens of cheap cash-ins which play terribly and are a disappointment

Terrible DS games:
Splinter Cell
Rayman
Lunar
Spyro: Shadow Legacy
Pokemon Link
Super Princess Peach
Age Of Empires
Electro bloody plankton
Goldeneye
Harry Potter
My Pet Hotel