Release Inside a Star-Filled Sky

lunixbochs

Staff member
I ported: Inside a Star-Filled Sky

Controls: left nub to move, right nub to aim, left trigger to enter, right trigger to shoot.

I'm aware the speed can be iffy in places. That's why it's still beta. Maybe let me know if there are any situations where it becomes completely unplayable.

Feedback is welcome.

Download

Last edited by a moderator:
Works very well! Very surprised for an unoptimized port! Congratulations!

Has some slowdowns though. And i don't know, if it is good, that you can't control the distance, your cursor is from you.

But well, it is very playable.

Thanks for this, need to test a bit more now.

Never played inside a star filled sky before, but this is certaintly seems like a nice port, i only played it for 15 mins so far but initial thoughts are it plays really well, you are right the speed got iffy every now and then for me but it wasnt dramatic drops in speed and they whernt prolonged drops just lasted a few seconds then it was back up to a nice playing speed again.

Thanks for the work so far :D

Thanks for the effort, will try the new version ASAP :)

Did you change anything beside controls compared to the version before (disable bloom or stuff like that to get more speed)?

To remind people, this is a commercial game (placed in public domain), so if you like it, consider buying it from the official site linked in the first post (or donate the author a few bucks).

Btw, the game was made by Jason Rohrer, who also made Passage and Gravitation (which are available for the Pandora, too).

i don't know, if it is good, that you can't control the distance, your cursor is from you.
the raw positions from my right nub were completely awkward/unusable. the perfect circle is a smoothing algorithm. I'll see how it feels to add a variable radius.

Did you change anything beside controls compared to the version before (disable bloom or stuff like that to get more speed)?
this release has mostly joystick code, sound, some pandora-local changes/controls, optimization flags during the build step, and a faster zoom coefficient (helps hide how laggy the level switch animation is)

Do you use the nub in joystickmode or in mousemode?

Sorry, I can't read apparently.

Never heard of this game, I watched the Video on the Homepage, it looks nice but now I'm confused. :wacko: It was the same feeling after watching "Inception". ^_^

I played this game on the Pandora for around 20-30 mins. and I really enjoyed it.

Both nubs work spot on with this game. Once I got used to aiming with the right nub and shoot with the right shoulder button, it worked well for me.

Very relaxing, 'trippy' type game and I love the blurring effect when going into a different area. Also the way the upgrade items float to the top of the screen when touched.

Thank you ;)

Last edited:
Really cool title - absolutely love the range of indie titles being converted to Pandora right now. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize it was so playable, just tried 20+ minutes myself. The slowdowns were very minimal and didn't ever frustrate me.

I think I can smooth out the aiming a bit more, and maybe fix touchscreen firing.

Hi,

Thanks for the port lunixbochs, it's a brilliant game :)

I don't understand what flags are for though :unsure:

Bye, Magic Sam

Hi,

@ lunixbochs:

This port has you required many modifications ?

I want to port it on Caanoo.

Think that it 's possible ?

Thanks

This port has you required many modifications ?
Yes, it required some moderate changes. A Caanoo port is definitely possible, but this was one of my more involved ports thus far. I don't know how easy it would be to port to Caanoo, as I don't know much of anything about development for the device.

To remind people, this is a commercial game (placed in public domain), so if you like it, consider buying it from the official site linked in the first post (or donate the author a few bucks).
Hm, was it really placed in public domain? I don't see any indication that it's free.

I should say so, unless it is possible to make the port in a similar way to the VVVVVV port was done.

Oh well I bought it.

Back