Release Fade2Black

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
This is the latest PND about my port of Fade2Black engine reimplementation by Gregory Montoir.

It's a beta and the PND is not properly created (missing some screens and a better script ..) but i think it's in playable state.

The version is based on the latest sources by mr Montoir ( 0.18 ) where the author added the GLES convertion and it did a very good job.

I have added the egl part and changed some buttons and added a button to exit the game .

Now this is the PND http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=Fade2Black

You need the original data files (demo or retail) to play.

This are the buttons :

DPAD move the player with:

UP = Run

LEFT = left

RIGHT = right

DOWN = Couch

pressing R (the rear button)+DPAD change how to move:

R+UP = Walk (instead of RUN)

R+LEFT = Strife left

R+RIGHT = Strife right

R+DOWN = quick change direction

X (Button) = Aim mode

B (Button) = Fire ( only when in aim mode)

Y (Button) = Recharge weapon

A (Button) = Jump

I (i key) = Show inventory

Inside inventory we can use B (Button to select the current item , to read messages and to exit the message)

L (rear Button) = Change inventory items

press again I to exit inventory

SPACE (key) = interact with lift / take obj

ESC = Go to the BOX where is supposed to change options...but at the moment this do nothing.

You could rotate this BOX ( left or right ) and scroll the items ( with up or down) but not much more.

Press again ESC to return in action.

h = ?? don't know

k = ?? don't know

u = ?? don't know

Select (Button) = Exit the game

Please test it and report your impressions.

The only thing that is annoying me is the inventory, when we enter here things seems to slow down pressing button sometimes take some seconds to register ( for example when we read the message ) i don't know how to improve.

The second thing is the BOX accessible pressing ESC during the game that don't work ( maybe is not properly implemented).

I have made a video of it..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0JXC0gb0nns?feature=oembed

07/05/12 added youtube video..

22/05/12 added Repo link

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to say that first run the PND to create the dirs on the SD...and after populate with the correct datas.

I get the following error:

Code:
WARNING: Game::setupInventoryObjects() missing inventory object index 2!

stub.state 0

cutscene.load 47

ERROR: Unable to open 'ealogo.cin'!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to copy the data dir...

Now I get:

Code:
Found 2 available configs

f2bgles.bin: G:\Pandora\Develop\mie\f2bgl-0.1.7\version0.18\f2bgles\resource.cpp:230: void Resource::loadINI(FILE*, int): Assertion `index == i' failed.

EGL Open display

EGL Get display

EGL Init

Config 0

EGL Bind

EGL Create Context

EGL Create window surface

EGL Make Current

EGL Done

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 519:  7589 Aborted                 "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (scripts/f2bgles.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status --

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but maybe is broken data files, i have downloaded several demo datas for this before try the right ones...

i added the video on first post.

Could you post a link to the working demo?

Should be ok...

Yes, runs good, just a bit slow for my liking, but thats how the original played, too on my 486 ;)

Use youtube ;)

I can't watch veoh videos on the ipad anyway...

have avoided YTube for the same limitation....and my connection is not good :( to upload again today. It's 82 MB video.

Sorry for grave digging but I recently tried running this game with no luck. I tried the full game files as well as the above demo files and it just crashes back to the desktop. Could it need a recompile to be compatible with the latest firmwares?

Back