Impractical Pandora-successor names

After reading through the thread again, IMHO these are the best candidates: The Myriad The Dragonbox The Pandragon And a modification of my last semi-serious suggestion: The Panopan It rolls of the tongue, is catchy (sounds like Pan-Open), but possibly is a bit too cute sounding, in which case The Panopa Would be a better fit. It has 3 syllables like Pandora and rhymes with it too. I like the combined meanings of Pan and Opa. Haven't yet found a more appropriate word to merge with Pan...? (That doesn't sound and look terrible).
Maybe we need to change the logo too since everyone seems to like to keep the "Pan."  I call this PanPanPan  :D

BvflrU8.jpg

My vote goes to keeping the Pandora name/logo. It already has such a strong following and it would be nice to associate the device with a success story rather than having it deemed a failure/struggle. I just like the brand I guess.

My vote goes to keeping the Pandora name/logo. It already has such a strong following and it would be nice to associate the device with a success story rather than having it deemed a failure/struggle. I just like the brand I guess.
As far as I remember, Craig has rights for this brand and therefore it will not be used.

As far as I remember, Craig has rights for this brand and therefore it will not be used.
No, I've got it registered, however, the device still wouldn't be without Craig, so it'd feel wrong to me to release a device with the same name but without Craig.

No, I've got it registered, however, the device still wouldn't be without Craig, so it'd feel wrong to me to release a device with the same name but without Craig.
Rule #1 in business:  No emotions involved  :D   Steve Jobs didn't actually invent Apple.  His friend did.  But Steve Job shoved his friend aside and made a name for himself.  I'm not saying Steve Jobs is bad, but because of what he did, he successfully marketed his friend's idea.  If he didn't do that, iPhones and Ipads would not have been here today. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying Steve Jobs is bad, but because of what he did, he successfully marketed his friend's idea.  If he didn't do that, iPhones and Ipads would not have been here today. ;)

^ And if he didn't we would all be better off.

I still like Pandora, it is classy (http://classa.com.au/media/catalog/category/pandoraimage.jpg) and open Pandora is a very good name (it suggests to open the pandora box, a whiff of adventure, like, panDORA the explorer)

Myriad has my vote. (although I have to admit, it is a little hard to spell, and open Myriad does not sound too bad. The logo would be fantastic though, as I now see it in my head, with lots of arrows). I, ME-riad, MY-riad

Another word I like is:

Legend

or a wordplay on open:

oPan

Which I like over the word Pandy (which sounds like Tandy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandy_Corporation) and Panda).. not that cool word (that is why they became Radio Shack, much better sounding)

Of course, the long name should be:  Super Dimensional Revolutionary Chibi open-Pandora Myriad Endorphin Legend Go Go Sugoi Banzai!....  Pandora 2, the legend continues.

;)

I'm not saying Steve Jobs is bad, but because of what he did, he successfully marketed his friend's idea.  If he didn't do that, iPhones and Ipads would not have been here today. ;)

^ And if he didn't we would all be better off.
Yes, probably.  But the moral of the story here is if Ed wants P2 to be successful, he may wanna go that route.  Think P2 first and how he can market it to the mass market if it means kicking his friends in the groins and make them roll on the floor  :p

Be nice and honest like Evil Dragon. I think this a good way to live and to do bussisness and a good way to do the Pandora 2 :) .

I know this is completely counter to the title of this thread, but maybe the completely mundane:

"DragonBox 1"

If you think about it - that has many implications.  It is the first of many to come.  It makes the Pandora a whole different line - adds separation between this new product and those that have come before.  It also uses a naming system that is easily integrated into ED's existing infrastructure.  The "1" distinguishes this as the unit instead of the shop itself.

If you need it to pass trademark standards:

"DwagonzBachz 1"

OK, now I'm being more faithful to the thread title...

Back