I'm Sad

its pointless, a new plastic gp32 screen would cost £1

a new tablet for a pocket pc would cost £70

I don't Know about that because a £1 is like 2 US Dollars and then you have to pay for shipping which is umm we'll say 2 dollars. for the same 4 dollars I can have my roommates that work at compusa go get me some screen protectors...

But then again mattmagoo, I am pretty dumb to think that because a glass screen is pretty damn cheap too like 7 plus shipping. That would be the best solution hahahaha. Thanks mattmagoo that was a pretty dumb Idea of me :lol:

I was thinking..instead of donating to coders for all their efforts. We should either erect a monument, or atleast get a gravesite for all dead pixels and 9800 pros, for that matter anyother equipment weve lost. haha. Maybe not.

its in refrence to this in post 11...

Fishbong posted on Oct 11 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
One week ago, my Radeon 9800 Pro died :( . She just died when i switched on my computer. I bought her just a month ago at ebay and now i have to play on a GF 3... :wacko: You see, i really need Your comfort :( .
Rest in Peace, Radeon 9800pro and all other dead hardware equipment, may you be pixels or not. I will miss you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason pixels get "lost" is because of the technology. These are TFT screens (Thin Film Transistor) and the technology behind making them is still, believe it or not, in its infancy. Behind each single pixel, are 3 thin transistors, each governing the Red Green And Blue colours, if any one of these fail, then you will get a bright pixel in front of your nose.

The thing is, it's kinda difficult to make these screens, that's why good quality TFT screens are still quite expensive. There's only a few factories on the planet producing the actual screens. The more expensive Manufacturers (i.e. Sony) buy the better resulting screens, while the cheaper companies buy the ones which will probably have more possible dead pixels.

We at our University deal in a lot of new products, and one of the annoying things we find is, that we get a brand new TFT monitor, that has a dead pixel, and we get told by our supplier that it's within the tolerence of 3 dead pixels WARGH!!!

Regarding the GP32, it will suffer from the same problem as it's any other TFT, just with a lower resolution so there's less pixels to possibly die, but dying transistors are still a fear. But don't forget, never fear the GP32, never fear it, dead pixels cannot harm the eyesight GIGGLES.

Clare.

finty101 posted on Oct 13 2004 at 07:34 PM said:
Doesn't the GP32 have an LCD screen?

Nope, Thare haven't been any LCD screens for a long time. LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) went out with the ark, they are all TFT these days. LCD cannot exactly do colour, look at your digital watch, now that's an LCD, using an electric charge to cause a reaction in the liquid crystal to turn black. doing that in colour isn't exactly viable. LCD is also slow to react, any fast moving games would be awfull...

Clare.

finty101 posted on Oct 13 2004 at 07:50 PM said:
Do people just call alot of TFT LCD then?

I think the manufacturers are using the term "LCD" as the general public seem to have latched onto LCD as being the flat monitors, as apposed to CRT, which are the big bulky monitors. Asking Joe Public "What monitor would you like, TFT or CRT?" would confuse them, so they use LCD as a sort of brand type. Take for instance the GamePark official specification for the GP32 screen:
3.5" Reflective TFT LCD(65,536 concurrent colors)
Note it says TFT LCD.. Well TFT and LCD are two totally different technologies, it's a bit like saying my hard drive is an IDE SATA or my graphics card is an AGP PCI or my cooker is a GAS ELECTRIC.
As I said, LCD is terminologised because the public kinda know to expect a thin screen. But the screen is still a TFT.

The big answer is YES, people call TFTs LCD. I kinda find that annoying though.

Wow, hope that cleared that one up LOL.

Clare.

finty101 posted on Oct 13 2004 at 08:02 PM said:
I feel strangly enlightened.

Giggles,

Anything else I can enlighten you with, and before you ask, the answer is 42, according to the book anyway.

:)
Clare.

thecheat posted on Oct 14 2004 at 06:24 AM said:
yes, but only for life, the universe, and everything. what about nothing, eh? :p

guess we'll never know.
RIP Douglas adams :(

That's 53, according to that dream I had this morning. It must be true as I was playing kick the bucket with God at the time. Very nice chappy too, He's shaved the beard off recently, looking quite spritely these days. He also makes a mean bacon butty to boot. And then I woke up :D.

Clare.

this reminds me of an article i saw in the papers a couple of weeks back that had storys of errends people used to send employees on and one was that a company used to send older less techie employees to the computer hardware store to get a bag of pixels for a broken moniter! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL how can anyone fall for this!

speedmike posted on Oct 10 2004 at 11:57 PM said:
I was playing earthbound when I noticed an annoying spot on my screen. Having the protective plastic wrap that came with the Gp32 blu on the screen yet B) I thought it was on there... Nope sadly I finally decided to remove the plastic :blink: a move I wasn't sure about doing... With closer inspection sadness came over me. I lost a pixel :( It is towards the middle of my gp32 also so that kinda sucks. It also sucks that I had only had this bad boy for about a week and now a pixel is gone :-( Oh well it is still the best thing ever!

I just hope more pixels don't start to rebel against my gp32 gp32_console

A sadness came over you?

Somehow that just sounds a bit over the top...!

That's the sort of thing that happens when you know someone you havent seen for a long time has died or something! not when a bloody pixel goes on your screen :p

Yes a sadness came over me :)

I tried to keep my gp32 in very excellent condition! Hahahaha

Oh, and if you want to know... This may sound weird but I am 20 years old and no one close to me has ever died. I have never been to a funeral. I don't know what that feels like so a pixel dying makes me sad... Well, To tell you the truth. It just made me a little tee'd off hahaha I said sadness came over me for dramatic effect and to be just silly

:lol:

Back