Dead Pixels

FX23

Still Fresh
Website
www.fabulous23s.com
ive just found a dead pixel on my new gp32 blu screen, anybody else had this problem? ive not had the machine two weeks! do you think i should send it back????

:angry:

It's just a dead pixel....

:blink: Loads of LCD's have them..

No lcd manufacturer will guarantee 100% good pixels, so you're never going to get it replaced because of just one dead pixel. Maybe 2 or 3 because it's such a small screen, but not 1. If you want 100% good pixels then don't buy a device with an lcd screen.

You can return because the product "is not what you expected". Instead of relax you the dead pixel increases your stress levels. :eek: Be quick doing so, you have one or two weeks to doing so depending on the country legislation of the dealer.

woogal posted on Jul 8 2004 at 08:30 AM said:
No lcd manufacturer will guarantee 100% good pixels, so you're never going to get it replaced because of just one dead pixel. Maybe 2 or 3 because it's such a small screen, but not 1. If you want 100% good pixels then don't buy a device with an lcd screen.
Yeah, we should make a GP32 with a CRT screen...

Last edited by a moderator:
CRT screen?

I did a google image search, and.... im not sure

But it did come uo with pictures of Cathode ray osilloscope (sp)

Is this what ur tlking about.

I dp realise u were joking...

I think gamepark have a 3 or more dead pixel rule, as do most PDA manufacturers.

Indeed even my laptop has a dead pixel and you cannot return it unless it has ~7

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Jul 8 2004 at 12:32 PM said:
I think gamepark have a 3 or more dead pixel rule, as do most PDA manufacturers.

Indeed even my laptop has a dead pixel and you cannot return it unless it has ~7

-Craig

www.gbax.com
have you tried the massaging trick craigix?

Last edited by a moderator:
is it possible, that it has to do something with Backlit screens? Because by now, i held 3 GP´s in my hands, 2 non-lit, 1 BLU (Emu&Co´s), and only the BLU has one small dead pixel. It doesn´t distract at all, just a little bit when the screen displays a black picture, because this dot is blue.

Acording to:

Directive 97/7/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 May 1997 on the protection of consumers in respect of distance contracts

You can break the contract within 7 days (some countries 14 days), please note that this directive must be transposed to country legislation (if not it may also works, read the directive), in most of EU countries that was already done.

When we say country legislation it's the supplier country legislation,

I supose in US there is something similar. Dont know about Hong-Kong/China

you must return in PERFECT condition, so if you have opened that cute korean batts pack, its not perfect anymore.

its a shame......

i will probally buy a lcd monitor for my pc one day so ill will probally need to see it working before i buy

Back