I'm Hungry For Some.........

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 24 2005 at 12:39 AM said:
boogle posted on Dec 23 2005 at 07:10 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on Dec 22 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
No offense sony, but it fits your stereotype very well.

Most sony fanboys want the most powerful machine on the market, even if it is lacking in some areas. So that is your main interest in the XGP?

Heh, they'll be disappointed with the PS3 then. Although no doubt they'll exclaim that the Cell has a higher peak theoretical performance than the 3 general purpose cores in the XBox 360. Ye, those SPEs without cache or direct memory access are really useful... GPU is more powerful tho, I'll give it that.
sir. do I believe that you are insinuating that the xbox 3shitty is more powerful than the playstation3 shall be?

Indeed I am, in terms of CPU-grunt. The CPU on the PS3 is more powerful theoretically - but when you actually take note that the SPEs (the many 'cells') have no cache or direct memory access - you realise 8 or so processors are trying to read in data through a single memory controller - and without cache every instruction has to be read in fresh. Not only that, but they don't have a full instruction set either. I suspect much memory thrashing, and in short, the entire CPU system being starved of memory.

The graphics of the PS3 may well be better than the XBox 360's (afterall u can have the GPU do some absolutely amazing things all by itself through shaders), but the AI and physics will ultimately be better on XBox 360 due to the extra CPU power actually available, instead of theoretically available.

Last edited by a moderator:
whiskthecat posted on Dec 24 2005 at 02:21 AM said:
You do realize whats going on here. Some little "ahhm" has joined this forum for the sole purpose of ticking people off and wasting time. So how bout we just ignore his posts from now on unless they are relervant to the gp2x.

sir, i never waste my time because my time is WORTHLESS! :p

how about the one you spent writing your post? ;)

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 24 2005 at 02:57 AM said:
Oh yes, I also think that the people behind the Zodiac, the Gizmondo, the Ngage are just totally naive.

i don't agree for the zodiac, it's also a good PDA that can be used for many other things than gaming too and it can use tons of available PALM softwares ; quite different from the gizmondo or the ngage ;)

nik166 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 12:19 PM said:
Oh yes, I also think that the people behind the Zodiac, the Gizmondo, the Ngage are just totally naive.

i don't agree for the zodiac, it's also a good PDA that can be used for many other things than gaming too and it can use tons of available PALM softwares ; quite different from the gizmondo or the ngage ;)

Still tapwave went bankrupt ;) You know the PDA market is not much easier to enter than the handheld gaming market, it's dominated by so many global players... It's a shame but they never really had a chance.

The XGP is just a disgrace, I don't like it's concept nor it's design and afaik it won't even have more power under the hood than the gp2x anyway.

I doubt it will be open source, but if it is, it'll have enough power to run decent homebrew 3D, which can't be bad (hardware-accelerated OpenGL). But it really is too expensive and will not go far, if anywhere.

whiskthecat posted on Dec 24 2005 at 04:21 AM said:
You do realize whats going on here. Some little "ahhm" has joined this forum for the sole purpose of ticking people off and wasting time. So how bout we just ignore his posts from now on unless they are relervant to the gp2x.
What you don't seem to realize is that that someone is in fact you.

Paradox posted on Dec 24 2005 at 04:40 AM said:
the XGP will be a flop, im pretty sure of that, its a shame that a new contender cant enter the market and make a stand, but its to be expected, people are sheep, and go with what their friends are getting, and what the latest trend is, and because of that, developers know developing games for some unknown new console wont make money, and thus there will be no decent games for the thing, which is even more reason for people not to buy one.

no kid wants to get one of these and go into school the next day, everyone is talking about the latest PSP/DS game they got and how cool it is and what level they're stuck on, and poor little Dave with his XGP tries to talk about his games but gets blanked and ignored by friends cause they dont care!
The biggest problem for the XGP is that the people in this community are like sheep... :rolleyes:

The difference with Tapwave is that they are something to cry about while you can laugh at Nokia and Tiger. I think Tapwave had a chance but they messed too many little things up. The only thing perfect was their hardware design. Similar with Nokia though they completely messed up their hardware design. Tiger on the other hand never had any chance. They were only after the shareholder's money, they never even had a plan really.
We shouldn't forget that it can still happen to GPH, too. We need to keep pushing the device so we get the next one in a few years. This community is really powerful but the power has to be used. :)

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 24 2005 at 12:43 PM said:
Still tapwave went bankrupt ;) You know the PDA market is not much easier to enter than the handheld gaming market, it's dominated by so many global players... It's a shame but they never really had a chance.
tapwave went bankrupt, but the zodiac still lives! :D
it's hardware is just amazing if you consider it's age, and the community behind it is still alive :)

but it was expensive ...that's why i don't have one :D

the other ones are the opposite, they are NOT in bankrupt (yet...), but the machines are already dead, just they don't know it yet! :D

of course if the GP2X had an analog stick and a touchscreen (and usb host :rolleyes: ) it would easily dominate the world and i would not miss the zodiac..... :D

OrR posted on Dec 24 2005 at 11:00 AM said:
The biggest problem for the XGP is that the people in this community are like sheep... :rolleyes:

Wow that's a bit rude man. Have you ever stopped to concider the anti XGP sentiment is simply because people dont like what they've read on the device so far?

1. expensive
2. features only useful in Korea
3. Nice large screen but may either cause stretching that makes games look weird or result in a lot of unused screen area.
4. Bulky flip-top design
5. Anolog stick poorly suited to 8bit games.

Yeah it might have a nice 3D capability but I can count the number of great 3D homebrew apps on one hand. it's going to take a brand new and specifically devoated community from jump to really make the XGP a serious contender for people's interests and that's too steep a change to ask of a community that has for the last 3 years been chasing perfect SNES emulation.

That is why people flocked to the GP2X not because they're "Sheep."

Back